Wednesday, August 1, 2007

August? Already? NOOOOO!!!!!

Well, it's August again. Yep. As of this Friday at 8:30 am, my summer will officially be over. It absolutely FLEW by. I mean, seriously, I feel like it just started. You can imagine that I, being a teacher, soak up every single second of the summer, spending my days traveling and visiting friends (I might have even made a new friend this summer:) ), or just doing whatever in the world makes me happy that day. Summer absolutely spoils me, which only makes it harder to go back to school. I know what you're thinking Heather ... "Whatever, Laura, I don't even feel sorry for you." Don't worry. I'm not asking for sympathy here. I know that most people aren't fortunate enough to HAVE an entire summer off of work, so for that, I'm grateful...very grateful.
It's not like I'm dreading going back to school at all, but I just know the first couple of weeks back are usually quite rough. The students don't come to school until August 9, so by the end of August, when I'm back into the routine, I should be good to go.
I'm in Clinton right now, enjoying one last visit with sweet Henry before I have to go back to school. Rob is out of town, so Nana and I came yesterday to lend an extra hand (or four extra hands I guess).
Henry's exactly 8 months old today, and it's amazing how much he's changed in just 3 weeks (the last time I saw him). He's crawling now and he's very busy! He'll also crawl over to me and pull himself up to stand (with a little assistance from me!). This morning, I was rocking him in his bedroom trying to get him to take a nap. His eyes were closed and he was sucking on his fingers, as he does everytime he's trying to go to sleep. His lullaby CD was playing, he was asleep in my arms and Max was sound asleep at my feet. The first thought that went through my head was "THIS is a good life." Just as that thought was entering my head, Henry looks up at me, wide-eyed with his 2 precious little teeth showing, and just starts laughing. It was adorable. A few seconds later, he lays down again and goes back to sleep.
He's such a beautiful child. I thank God for him everyday and love spending time with him more than anything.
I'll try to post pictures later on today when I get back home to my computer.
Happy Wednesday to you!

2 comments:

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

I remember my mom dreading August. The summers always went by way too fast. I'm glad you enjoyed your summer though. Hopefully you'll get a great bunch of kids this year! Give Henry a big hug for me!

Unknown said...

i kinda feel sorry for you. but not really.

august is hot. It is like 100 degrees.

I miss henry. give him smookums.