Monday, August 20, 2007

my child is so neglected...

Being out of school this summer spoiled both me and my pup. Max was used to me being home with him all day, so he's been pouting since I've been back at school. I do hate leaving him in his kennel all day (yes, yes, I know he's a DOG!) and lately it seems as though a lot of my time off work every day isn't spent with him. I think he's holding a grudge. He wants me to himself and doesn't want anyone else to spend time with me. Am I raising a selfish mama's boy? OH NO!
Anyway, I was leaving my house today and trying to get him to come to his kennel (it's usually not TOO difficult!), and he quickly scurried to his favorite hiding place...behind the couch. After a few seconds of calling his name, I saw this precious little head peek out. I conveniently had my camera. Oh how I love that dog even if he is a little selfish and, in this case, disobedient.
No matter what, this is a picture of the very best thing I've ever done for myself. PERIOD.

Because of the amount of guilt I've been feeling, I felt the need to buy him a new toy when I was at Old Navy the other day. I guess I figure bribing him will help.

Am I a bad mom?? :(

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. It's Ashley. I had been checking your blog after we talked last week and am finally getting to read a new post! I was beginning to wonder if I needed to download the LT Blog Software to receive new postings. Then I realized you had just neglected to write even after you begged me to visit your site. What's that about??? Hahahaha. I love you.

Now, I think you're one of the three best dog mothers EVER. I must say that the Dateless Trio have now been renamed the Best Canine Mothers. :) Annabelle rebels also when she hasn't received enough attention. Of course, she hasn't rebelled in awhile since I've been home. Once I find a job, that will change, and I'll call you for ways to cope and get through that hard time.

I hope you had a great Monday. I loved our conversation last week... so great to catch up. I did get an album at Target. I love it and am thrilled to finally have our wedding proofs organized! Thanks!

Love,
Ashley

Unknown said...

poor max. bless his heart. of course he is a mommy's boy, though. always has been.

sophie says he can come stay with aunt heather and uncle trey for a little while if he needs a vacay. She also recomends puppy camp.

The Kosko Family said...

you are not a bad doggie mom....wait until you have kids....then you'll REALLY feel like a bad doggie mom...poor satchmo never gets attention, except when i'm telling him "NO"!

The Overstreets said...

There's a little boy named Camp who would LOVE to have Max come spend a day with us! Camp would keep him busy all day and maybe that would make Max long for a day in his kennel.

Anonymous said...

i feel bad about putting my dogs in the kennel too so i stopped doing it. oscar gets mad when i leave so he poops and pees everywhere when i am gone. my carpet is now ruined. needless to say...i don't feel bad anymore. he's a stinker! i think it's the eyes that get me but i'm a true sucker for a sweet face!

The Davidsons said...

I hate leaving my babies too! I don't leave everyday and they have a room just for the two of them...but it does not make it any easier leaving. Love those babies!

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

I know exactly how you feel LT. I leave Jack all day everyday and he HATES it!

The Texas VicHorns said...

LT...why is it that we talk less after i started a blog??? I MISS YOU.

call me asap.

Crystal and Billy said...

Maddie seems to think that everytime we leave that she should be going too...needless to say, she doesn't like being left alone.

But we have started locking her in the basement and she likes it better. There is a couch down there and she lays on it all day (well I guess she does, I'm not there to witness it, but she is there when I get home everyday).

LWolfe said...

I know your pain, LT. Maggs has been at her grandparents for 3 weeks while we finished the Ft. Knox we call a fence. Guess what...the first day she was in the backyard she escaped! We got a call from our neighbor around lunchtime telling us that Maggs was at the front door. She has now been named Houdini! She needs a friend too...she's lonely and pouting and it breaks my heart. I understand...they are more than dogs. I NEVER thought I would say that!