Sunday, August 19, 2007

a little tribute to the birthday girl!!!

Can't believe it's been almost a week since I posted last. That's so unlike me I know, and I know that I've had a lot of disgruntled fans out there. Haha! :) It's quite obvious that I'm back at school now and my free time is limited once again. I promise to try not to go this long again without posting. :)
Now, down to business. Today is a very special day my friends. It's the 26th birthday of a very special friend of mine.
I wish that I were as good at writing poems as MSKS and Heather. They're constantly putting me to shame with their creativity. I hate you both right now.
While I don't have a poem to share about my friend Claire, I have compiled a list of a few of my favorite things about her. Enjoy.

My favorite things about Claire (in no particular order):
1. She lived in the small town of Starkville nearly all of her life and still has trouble getting from point A to point B without getting a little turned around. She always manages to go the long way no matter WHERE she's going. Riding with her is always an adventure. :)
2. She can sleep ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. I'll never forget the time when we were younger and I woke up one morning to find her asleep in her bathtub. Yep...that's a true story.
3. She makes me laugh. ALWAYS.
4. While she and I do have a few similarities, we are also EXTREMELY different. Why would anybody want their friends to be JUST like them?
5. I've learned after nearly 20 years of friendship that 10 minutes to Claire= about 2 hours for most people.
c: "hey yaya. I'm about to leave Birmingham. I'll be there by 5."
l: "ok. See you in a couple of hours then" (while thinking, "I'll be lucky if you're here by 8!" note: I do not say this out loud to her b/c I do not want her to be irritated at me while she's driving:) ). Time means nothing to her.
6. She loves candy as much, if not MORE than I do (even though she likes circus peanuts and cow tails. Sick.)
7. Her eating habits make me laugh. She once consumed about 6 donuts at one time. She couldn't eat again for 2 days.
8. 90% of the time when we're together, she's twirling a fishing worm.
9. She used to honestly think that SHE was the actress who played Pippi Longstocking (see MSKS's blog).
10. She has a heart of Gold. I emulate her passion for inner city ministry.
11. She's been a bridesmaid more than anybody I know.
12. She can go 2 days without showering and appear to be freshly showered.
13. I can spend 2 hours getting ready to go somewhere, while she throws her hair in a ponytail and puts on lipgloss-taking only 10 minutes. In the end, she'll look way cuter than me. It's sick.
14. She is the QUEEN of pranks.
15. She's sneaky. Very very sneaky. Almost child-like.
16. She's spontaneous. While I love her for that, it totally stresses me out.
17. She looked like Richard Simmons as a child. (Dang it, I totally should have swiped a baby picture from her parents' house to post for you to see...Hailey, do you have one in your possession??).
18. She finally understands why I go to bed at 9:30 and she promises never to make fun of me again. She understands the term "teacher tired"
19. She steals my camera and takes random pictures of herself, allowing me to have a lot of great pictures to work with today. You should be a little more careful next time Claire. (Oh, and Mere, you need to thank me. You, TOO were in these pics with Claire, but I refrained from including you in the collage. You're welcome).
20. The fact that Claire's mom just had to call me to tell me that Claire's phone is dead on her birthday!!! Only Claire could find a way to make it nearly impossible for anyone to get in with her on her BIRTHDAY!
...oh how the list could go on and on...

Happy birthday Claire!!!!!!

3 comments:

Cager & Maris said...

HAPPY Birthday Claire!

Anisa said...

gross...circus peanuts.

claire is indeed awesome...love her! happy bday!

Unknown said...

cute list. I also like the story when Sam was skiing in colorado and Claire told me he was in Destin.

Those siblings always keep up with each other.