Friday, August 10, 2007

I survived...

Well, the first 2 days of school are officially over. Needless to say, I'm tired and extremely glad that it's the weekend. The beginning of the school year is always tough, stressful, and HOT (thermometer read 102 degrees today...not even kidding). As far as my students, I just can't complain. I'm down to 20 students as opposed to 22, and from what I can tell, it's going to be a good group of kids. I'm looking forward to getting the first couple of weeks over with and get back into the routine. Right now I'm experiencing "teacher tired"....my whole body hurts. I plan on doing a lot of relaxing this weekend, so I can be ready to go again on Monday!
Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

You made it! Enjoy your weekend! Hope it's restful.

The Overstreets said...

I wish you had been my second grade teacher!! I was scared to death of her! They are blessed kids. See you tomorrow!

Katie Walden said...

It was 104 here in Birmingham today and 107 in Tuscaloosa. Somebody make it rain...PLEASE!!! Ha!

Unknown said...

i want to see a picture of henry. not our henry, but the one in your class. You know, to see what we have to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

look at that teacher handwriting! i'm so glad you survived the first few days and i hope next week is even better and easier for you! who sent you flowers?

Adelia said...

I survived my first week! I'm sure I will be calling you for lots of pointers this year. I'm glad you have a good group of kids. Good luck next week.

mary straton said...

your cursive looks great. Do you teach D'nelian (sp?) also?

LT (and Max) said...

yes, msks, i teach my students d'nealian. :)

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

Have a great week LT!!!! Your students are so fortunate to have you as their 2nd grade teacher!!!!

Anonymous said...

Real original, Ya Ya..".Welcome to 2nd Grade."....Next time, write : Seeds of Learning Planted Here