Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ready or not, HERE THEY COME!

Well, it's here. Tomorrow is my first day with students. We had Open House today at school, so I was able to meet some of the students and their parents (although I already knew several of them), and I'm feeling very optimistic about this year. As much as I hate waving goodbye to a fabulous summer, I'm looking forward to seeing my kids tomorrow.
I pray for the 22 2nd graders that will be walking in my door at 7 am in the morning(yes, you read it correctly...7 am), and I pray that God gives me the patience, confidence and ability to teach these children how they deserve to be taught. (I'm also praying that I will just survive the first couple of days! AHHHH!).
Please keep me and my students in your thoughts tomorrow! :)

11 comments:

The Davidsons said...

I will be thinking about you! You're room looks fantastic...Good luck tomorrow, you'll have a great year!

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

Your room looks so good. It makes me sad that I am not teaching right now! Good Luck tomorrow and have a blast wirh your new kids!

The Benjamins said...

Such a cute classroom! I know you are a great teacher!

Katie Walden said...

I'll definitely say a prayer for you tomorrow although I'm sure you'll be fantastic. I would love to have LT as my teacher! Ha! I have so many friends that are starting to teach this year and they are so nervous so I've been praying a lot these days about our educators. It couldn't be done without you guys! Yay for teachers!

Unknown said...

cute room. i am glad there is a student named henry. really that is all that matters.
you will be great ms. T.!

Anonymous said...

praying for you today. hope all goes well!!!

Tracy~ said...

I hope your day has gone smoothly. I admire you. I could NOT be a teacher - I'd go nuts!!! Your room looks great!
Trace~

mary straton said...

GO YAYA!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

Hope youre first day was great! CUTE room!!!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

My goodness, 7am is too early for school to start! Best wishes for the school year. Can't wait until SB is in your class. She'll be your favorite, right?

The Overstreets said...

How was it????!!