Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday ramblings

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like without weekends. Seriously.
Today has been, what I would consider, they IDEAL Saturday. I slept in (top 5 favorite things to do), completed my required 6 mile run, showered, cleaned my house, and got to visit Katey and sweet Paxton. I also very shamelessly watched a couple of Lifetime movies (they suck me in everytime), and even an old episode of Saved By the Bell. Zack-Kelly-Slater-Screech-Jessie "aka 'Mama'"-Lisa... They just don't make shows like SBTB anymore. Agree?
It was one of those no-make-up days, which frightens those in which I have contact, but makes me totally happy. I think every female needs to have at least 3 scheduled days out of the month in which she puts on NO make up.
Now about Paxton...HE.IS.SO.ADORABLE. I'm not even kidding. Unfortunately Camp wasn't there (I haven't even seen him since he's been a big brother!), but I was still glad to have some more bonding time with Paxton and of course some good hanging out time with Katey. I wanted to take Paxton home with me, but Katey very selfishly wouldn't let me. :)
My first week of training has been successfully completed. I was super sore towards the end of the week, but I had yesterday off from running, and I was able to make the 6 mile jog today. I registered for the 1/2 marathon today, so I guess it's official now! I paid $100 for that thing, so there's no backing out now!
I suppose that's all for now.
I hope YOUR weekend is fantastic!
Until next time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll do great--determination is not in short supply with you, it seems to this reader of your blog.

Laura @ our messy messy life. said...

Laura, if my non-running/exercising self can successfully complete a 1/2 marathon, I know you can do it!!!!

Tassie said...

Whenever I don't wear makeup I usually run into people that I was hoping wouldn't see me!

The Andersons said...

Oh I LOVE Saved by the Bell!!! I try to get up early in the mornings to watch it on TBS...but that doesn't happen very often! ;)