Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's the BEST season of the year!

And NO...I'm not referring to the bitter, miserably cold winter we are enduring. I'm talking about AMERICAN IDOL SEASON! Did you watch the season premiere last night?? I love watching the auditions...I mean LOVE it. My personal fave from last night--the African American with the insanely deep voice. I'll probably search for that one on YouTube when I need a good laugh.
And guess what? If you're beating yourself up for missing it last night, have no fear! Tune in again TONIGHT for some more fun (or set up the Tivo for all of you who are up-to-date-on-technology. That's NOT me)!
Thanks to all of you who humored me by giving me a shout-out on the blog. What can I say? I'm easily entertained and love getting comments. It's fun to know who actually keeps up with this blog, even though, most of the time it's nonsensical (is that a word??).
OK. Now for the next order of business, my sister Kristen's dear friend Laura awarded me with this "Proximidade" award. Below is a description of it. Although I'm not quite sure my blog is "exceedingly charming," I'll happily accept the compliment. Now MY job is to choose 8 blogs that I enjoy reading and who I feel are worthy of this honorable award. ;) (Unfortunately, there's no cash prize for it. I never win money).

I read literally a hundred blogs, so it's hard for me to choose 8. I'm not going to choose the sis, because she's already been awarded by another blogger.
So, here you go! Here are 8 fantastic blogs, that you MUST check out, if you haven't done so already:
Mary Straton Smith's (a.k.a. MSKS): "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"

Katey Overstreet's: "The Overstreets"

Emily Redwood's: "The Redwoods on Redbud"

Candy Robertson's: "The Robertsons"

Laura Dearman's: "The Dearman Family"

Tassie Rosamond's: "Tassie and Her Random Thoughts"

Jenny Holloway's: "The Holloway Family"

Mary Katherine Segrest's: "The Segrest Family"

Thanks to all of you who ask about my marathon training! So far, so good. I must admit...getting out to run when it's SO COLD outside, is difficult. However, I always feel MUCH better after doing it! I'm proud of myself so far. My next big run: this Saturday--7 miles!

I'm off to run an easy 3-miler now ;)

Stay warm...

7 comments:

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

Thanks for the compliment, Laura! Laura

Anonymous said...

You go, girl! I, too, am an American Idol addict. I laughed SO hard at our BASS singing friend as well! AND we almost saw a little cat fight! Stay tuned for more tonight!!!!!

The Robertsons said...

I love American Idol in the beginning. Thanks for the tag. I am actually going to do it this time:)

Tricia said...

You commented because you are awesome, you just can't help being awesome.

Things have really slowed down at 14. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

But it's not over yet.

The Vineyards said...

Hello Laura,
Thank you for your sweet comments on my race pictures!! But I did look quite rough. I am so excited that you are training for your first half. There is something so wonderful about running (usually experienced after you have completed that days run). A great way to stay fit and something you can do well into a ripe old age! Some words of un-asked for advice. STICK to your plan and do not waiver from it (I waivered and suffered an IT Band injury two weeks out from marathon---if you're not fimilar with this injury you don't want to be). STRETCH good and long after your runs (Didn't do this either...EVER..which contributed to the injury suffered two weeks out from marathon). And last but not least, have one of your sisters pack a make-up bag for you so that you can freshen up for pictures once you cross the finish line (you saw my pictures...need I say more?!)! Also keep in mind my dear heart, if you think it stinks running in the cold, you ain't been runnin' till you've been runnin' in August in the beautiful state of Mississippi. Cherish those 30 degree morning runs. You'll want them back!! I will be thinking of you and stalking...I mean checking in with your progress. So excited that you're embarking on what is to be the first of many, I'm sure!

Happy running,
Scarlett

P.S. come down to Jackson in June for the Renaissance Half. It's a good time!!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

I'd like to thank the academy...

The Segrest Family said...

awwwwwwwwwww thanks!!!! you are too too kind. your blog is much more 'fun' than mine, but ill take it!!!!=)