Thursday, January 8, 2009

One more.

I'm pretty sure this will be the final blog post regarding 2008, but I just love these little "questionaires." This one was stolen from Anisa. It takes several minutes, and I just got back from a 5 mile run, so I can assure you I'm not going anywhere for a little while. (P.S. The first week of my half marathon training is kicking me in the rear!).

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? flew to Texas---TWICE!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions in '08, and have you made some for '09? I didn't really make them in '08. I'm totally serious about my resolutions this year though!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?Yes! My friend Katey had Paxton Dec. 27. I love him.
4. Did anyone close to you die? thankfully, no.
5. What countries did you visit? NONE. I've NEVER been out of the U.S.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? more patience.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? a dreadful day last March. If you're a reader of my blog, you know what happened. Ironically, I THANK GOD everyday that it happened.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? completely paying for my car!!!
9. What was your biggest failure? I can't really think of any!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? nothing serious. I fall down a lot while I'm running, but it only causes scrapes and bruises. :)
11. What was the best thing you bought? new sheets. That may sound odd, but my old sheets were so worn, they were starting to get this little balls on them and even a few holes. Very sad. My new sheets are 400 thread count (I think) and I feel as though I'm sleeping in heaven every night.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Sarah Palin (I'm glad that we can agree to disagree on this one, Anisa! No hard feelings! :) )
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Casey Anthony. People who hurt children (ESPECIALLY THEIR OWN) infuriate me.
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent. Have I ever mentioned how ready I am to OWN a house?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? seeing my friends and family! When I know that I'm about to see someone I haven't seen in a long time, I act like a child waiting for Santa. Ex. I flew to Alpine, TX to visit Mere this past April. I couldn't sleep the entire week before my trip because I was so excited.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Jason Mraz "I'm Yours"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? same I guess. (b) thinner or fatter? About the same.c) richer or poorer? TECHNICALLY I should feel a little richer because I have no more car payments!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? praying
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? crying
20. How did you spend Christmas? with my parents
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? N.O.
22. What was your favorite TV program? The Office, Desperate Housewives, and American Idol. Oh and Jon and Kate Plus 8 is a favorite too.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? well....hate is a strong word. Stongly dislike? Yes. But I've learned to forgive even though it was one of the hardest things I've ever done!
24. What was the best book you read? Well...I'm in the process of reading Twilight. So far it's pretty good.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I don't think I had any "musical discoveries"
26. What did you want and get? a trip to the BEACH!
27. What did you want and not get? enough money to buy a house.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I have a tough time with this one. In the previous questionaire, I said "Mamma Mia." I will stick to that one. Meryl Streep is fabulous.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? My 27th fell on Easter Sunday this year, so it was spent going to church and hanging out with family! (I also consumed A LOT of cake that day).
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? to be completely debt-free.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I think I've become slightly more trendy than I've ever been before.
32. What kept you sane? Jogging, Blogging, family, friends, Mexican food and margaritas! :)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Sarah Palin.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? I don't know if I would consider the Presidential Election as an issue that "stirred" me but I did get really into it this year.
35. Who did you miss? my Dada. Everyday.
36. Who was the best new person you met? The best people I know are people I've known longer than a year.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Life isn't always about what I WANT, WHEN I want it. I've also learned that I'm no where near as patient as I used to think I was.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I'm going to quote a Bible verse rather than a song lyric. I love this verse and it speaks volumes to me everytime I read it!:

"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."-Habakkuk 2:3
I think it's your turn now. I like doing these myself, but I'd rather read what others wrote. It's much more fun and requires less thought.
Happy ALMOST Friday!

2 comments:

Tassie said...

Okay...two things:

*I'm glad you admit to liking Twilight. To me, it's the best book series I've ever read and I don't even know why.

*Did I not make the "best new person you met this year list?" You haven't "known" me for over a year but I'd like to think I left an impression ;-)

Anisa said...

love your post! and yes, in response to your comment on my blog, of course we can still be friends after #12...ha ha! :)