Monday, January 5, 2009

Let the training begin!

My half marathon training began this past weekend. The schedule which I am following is fairly consistent, which I really like.
My "long runs" are every Saturday, and I experienced the first long run a couple of days ago. My wonderful brother-in-law, Trey, actually joined me on the 6 mile run. He jogged at my pace, and even though it took us (well...me) a little over an hour to finish, I STILL DID IT! I realized that even though I successfully ran 6 miles, I'm still a long way from 13.1!
Several people have asked me what my training schedule is like. I made a chart (with help from a couple of websites), printed it out, and put it on my refrigerator. I scanned it onto my computer so that you could see what the next few months of my life will be like! (I hope you can see it!)

7 comments:

Chelle said...

good luck!!! If you are in Nashville I may come watch your marathon run!!!

Tricia said...

Hey your new header is delightful.

Tricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tassie said...

Good luck with your training! I'm so jealous that I don't have "running" in me anymore. What did you think of Twilight? Are you finished reading it?

The Robertsons said...

I must say you are dedicated if you are running in the rain in order to get ready. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I know that I see you at school everyday but I have been meaning to tell you that I am proud of you for taking on this challenge. Good luck!

The Carter Boys said...

i've stalked your blog for a while now. sorry i'm just now letting you know! running is so great, but you already know that. good luck training for the half. after that, you'll want to do a full. if you are like me, you'll keep on wanting to do marathons. the hardest part is putting on your shoes and getting out the door - or at least it is for me! by the way, will and i are moving to starkville this summer. i know you teach, but where and what grade? i'd love to ask you a zillion questions about schools in starkville. our oldest will be in kindergarten next fall.