Tuesday, December 9, 2008

so...it looks like today is my "blogoversary"

According to the handy dandy clicker to the right, today is my "Blogoversary!" Yep, the 'ol blog has been around for exactly 2 years. In honor of my blog, I've composed a list of my top 5 favorite things about blogging (insert drumroll here):
1. Of course the obvious reason I enjoy blogging is to keep up with people. I am a self-proclaimed blog stalker, so you can pretty much be sure that if you're linked to my blog, I'm keeping track of your life. :) I also love to comment and receive comments, so most likely you've gotten a comment or two from me.
2. It's a stress relief. Silly sounding, I know, but it's true. Sometimes just sitting at my computer for 10 minutes (away from the stress of the day) to create a post is good for me. Don't believe me? Try it.
3. I want people to think I'm cool. Well....some might argue with that. I've had several people classify me as a dork (how dare they?) because of my blogging. It's obviously non-bloggers who make these accusations, and what do THEY know?
4. I have to have SOMEWHERE to show off pictures of Henry. :) Kristen doesn't blog, so I feel that it is my duty as his favorite aunt to show him off to Kristen's friends and the rest of the blogging world. I will continue to blog about him as though he is my very own, until I HAVE my very own one day.
5. I have very fun people in my life, and I feel that it is necessary to show them off via my blog.
(Click here to start back from the beginning if you missed it the first time around!).
So..HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY TO ME! Can I use this as an excuse to eat cake today?

6 comments:

Wade's World said...

Happy Blogoversary!!

You most definitely need some cake today. If you don't have the real stuff, you could always check out cake wrecks for some classics! Have a great day!

Tricia said...

Happy Blogoversary! It's been a good two years of reading.

The Lively's said...

I love keeping up with you too. And you are very good at leaving comments - I like comments!

The Segrest Family said...

yes! eat cake! happy day!!!

Unknown said...

Laura, 90% of the hits on my blog are linked from your page. And they come from all over the U.S. How many people read your blog?

Happy blogoversary!

h

Tassie said...

The world is definitely a better place becauser of your blog.