Saturday, December 9, 2006

I'M AN AUNT!

Baby
I'm very new to this "blog" thing, but I'll give it a try. Ever since my friends Jenny and Ryan Holloway had their beautiful twins, I've been checking their blog regularly, and thought this might be kind of fun. :)


I'm thrilled to say that my older sister, Kristen, and her husband, Rob, had their first baby December 1! His name is Henry Thomas Fyke, and he's absolutely perfect. He weighed nearly 8 lbs when he was born, and was nearly 3 week early! My poor sister wouldn't have been able to carry him too much longer! He and Kristen are both at home and doing well.



My younger sister, Heather, and I were both able to be there when Henry was born, and I was also able to see him the day he got home from the hospital. I'm already in love with his little face! Needless to say, I'm a very proud aunt! They live in Clinton, so I won't be able to see him too often, but I have a feeling I'll be there every chance I get. Isn't he adorable? Here's a picture of me holding him for the first time.
My parents are experiencing "grandparenthood" for the first time and they are unsurprisingly ecstatic about Henry. After having 3 daughters, I think my dad has always secretly wanted a son, so you can only imagine how he is reacting to having a grandson. They are both on cloud nine right now. It's weird seeing Kristen as a mom and my parents as grandparents, but I love it. This child will have no problem feeling loved!

I guess I need to brag a little now on the nursery that was created by my sisters, my mom, and me. It really turned out cuter than I had even imagined it would. Kristen was very pleased with it (and I think Henry likes it too!). It really is the cutest little boy nursery I've ever seen. I just had to show off some pictures of it. :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

UM...yea....soooo cute.