Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Calories? What are those?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME? I have literally been eating what I want, when I want lately, and on top of that, my motivation to exercise is apparently on a break. Normally, I eat somewhat healthily, allowing my self to splurge on "fun" things only sometimes. I also generally exercise at least 5 days a week. This past week has been awful! Of
course this is the time of year for Christmas parties, cookies, goodies, etc., and we all know how hard it is to say no! Cookies? "YES, I'LL TAKE 3!" A piece of cake? "SURE! WITH EXTRA ICING PLEASE!" And you all know how I feel about chips and dip.
Oh well. Perhaps, I will be motivated again by New Year's, but until then, I will continue to say that calories don't count on *holidays*, weekends, when I'm tired, when I'm sad, or when I'm not feeling well (you know what I'm talking about).
I'm hungry now.

8 comments:

Anisa said...

i am eating a delicious piece of banana nut bread right now...i so feel ya.

Tricia said...

Calories also don't count on Fridays and Bad Hair Days.

theelliottfamily said...

AMEN! The Lord intended for us to rest during the month of December! January is the "pick up" month! Indulge!

Unknown said...

it's Christmas!!! Calories don't count on holidays. or birthdays. or weekends. or when you are having a bad day. or when you are celebrating.

really i can only think of about 4 days during the year when calories do count.

Laura @ our messy messy life. said...

I licked caramel icing off tinfoil this morning....in front of people....not even in the privacy
of my own kitchen.

Tis the season! LD

The Robertsons said...

You need my cup that says calories don't count at Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Calories don't count if you eat standing up. But once you sit down, look out! Especially if there's a TV in the room...

Renee Guest said...

I'm glad to know it is not just me! I usually don't allow myself to get over a certain weight -- which is still really even too much weight for me. But I have not been even caring lately. Fat and Happy are too words that don't go together... I'm going to be seriously depressed soon if i don't start getting my butt to the gym! if you get motivated - tell me how you did it!