Thursday, December 18, 2008

YAY for ME!

So, I've been looking forward to this month for a long time for many reasons. Of course, there's the obvious--Christmas, Christmas music, Christmas movies, family time, out of school for 2 weeks, etc. In addition to those things, though, I have accomplished something pretty huge! After 5 years, my 2003 Altima is FINALLY PAID FOR! Yep. I bought the car 5 years ago when I started teaching (and when I could actually afford a car payment) and I have JUST made my last payment! Even better, my car only reached 50,000 miles this week, so it's still got a long way to go! I plan on driving this car for at least 4 more years or so.
Here's a picture of me back in Dec. of 2003, the day I got my car. My hand is on my Altima, and my foot is on my old car--the 1988 Mazda 626 who was fondly named "Dante" (may it rest in peace).

If you're looking to buy a new car sometime soon, may I recommend a Nissan Altima (or really any Nissan!). I still LOVE mine after 5 years!

9 comments:

The Overstreets said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's huge! You basically just got a raise, huh??

Unknown said...

i took that picture. you made fun of me that day for making you take it. Now it is posted for the world to see.
You have so much to thank me for.

Laura @ our messy messy life. said...

Yay! I agree with Katey about your newfound raise....now it's time to start saving for those airplane trips you want to take. LD

Anisa said...

congrats! i know you feel great today!

The Stringers said...

Reed and I are so proud! My good friend DAVE would be proud, TOO! Congrats!

The Vineyards said...

Congratulations LT!! More money to spend on Henry, right?! By the way if little Henry does not have "Elf on the Shelf" might I suggest Aunt Laura get it for him for Christmas. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year full of many new posts!

The Simpsons said...

Im jealous. I know you are so happy. Jan 09 mine will be paid off and I am counting down the days. I love looking at your blog. Have a merry christmas!

The Segrest Family said...

that is SO AWESOME! wow, merry Christmas to you!!! and i laughed out loud at heather's work video - so funny.

Anonymous said...

Yaya....how about a little "pa rum pa pum pum?" for old times sake?