Tuesday, December 30, 2008

lots of exciting happenings!

I just got back from a LONG overdue trip to see Chad, Candy, and Landon. We had such a great visit! I'm so glad I got to see them.
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS, OVERSTREETS! My sweet friends Kane and Katey welcomed Paxton Michael Overstreet to the world Saturday, December 27. Fortunately, I was in town, so I was able to go to the hospital to hold that little guy and see Kane and Katey. (I haven't seen Camp since he's been a big brother, but I can't wait!). I took lots of great pictures of Paxton, but I'm waiting to post them. As you can imagine, Katey has been a little "preoccupied" lately, so she hasn't gotten around to posting pictures on HER blog yet. I only thought that it was right that I let the mother post pictures of her child before I did! :)
Next on my list of exciting events: It's almost Christmas! Ok, so I know Dec. 25 has passed already, but my family hasn't actually celebrated our family time together. As I mentioned earlier, neither sister was here, so we put off our celebration until THIS weekend, when we'll all be together. Kristen, Rob, and Henry will be joining us tonight, while Heather and Trey will hopefully be here Thursday. I can't wait.
And one more thing...I have almost committed myself to this whole half-marathon thing I posted about the other day. I've researched a little on the internet, and it looks I'm going to try to do the Country Music half marathon in Nashville on April 25. That way, I have a good 16 weeks to train, which should be plenty of time. My friend Shannon lives there too, so it's a good excuse to go visit her! With a little help from this site, I've already got my training schedule made. TRAINING BEGINS THIS SATURDAY, JANUARY 3! I sure hope I can do this!

1 comment:

The Segrest Family said...

okay, first of all, thanks for letting us know that katey had her baby! i have been checking her blog constantly b/c i just knew she was going to have him in 2008! cant wait to see pictures.
secondly, you can do it!
you are so in shape and such a committed person, i just know that you will do the half marathon successfully!!!
wish i could do it, but my poor 80 year old knees wont let me run =(