Sunday, May 4, 2008

A whole week and no post? Oh my.

Heather always informs me when I've gone too long without blogging. I really have nothing earth-shatteringly (??) exciting to post, but I must do this to please the sis. She tends to be a little bossy sometimes. :)
I've spent my days at school just trying to get through each day. It's the end of the year and the kids are totally out of control. And the teachers? Well, we're honestly just as insane as they are (at least I am!). It's tough. But, alas, in less than 3 weeks, my summer will be begin! As you can see from the above ticker, I'm going to the beach with my dear friend Heather right when school is out. It really helps to have that to look forward to! It will be amazing to wake up that first day and think "hmmm....what am I going to do today? Better yet-- what am I going to do for the next 2 months?" :)
Now, I'm going to change the subject, as I'm envisioning LOTS of you cussing at me since I actually GET a paid summer vacation. You can be a little jealous, but please don't hate. You could have been a teacher too!
This was a good weekend for me. I stayed in town and had a LOT of "me time." Lately, spending too much time alone tends to make me a little blue. Of course, I've lived alone for a couple of years now, but it's been several weeks since I've spent an extensive amount of time by myself. I needed a weekend alone to prove to myself that I could do it. Honestly? It was really really good. I think everyone needs a little "me time" every once in a while!
Here's a summary of what I did yesterday:
-slept in (top 5 favorite things to do).
-cleaned my house for about 4 straight hours. Those of you who have seen my cozy little 2 bedroom house are probably wondering HOW in the world it could possibly take me that long to clean. Well, I went all out. I bought new cleaning supplies. I cleaned baseboards. I cleaned ceiling fans. I scrubbed my bathtub with Comet. I cleaned the top of my refrigerator. I dusted. I mopped. I washed sheets. Anyway, you get the idea. It looks and smells fabulous now and I enjoyed every minute of it (wow that makes me sound like a psycho). Speaking of 'smell,' I'm running low on my Woodwick Candles. If you're a blog-reader of mine, you've heard me mention these fabulous candles. I burn them ALL OF THE TIME. I can't get enough. I've been trying to control myself a little lately, because they're getting low! I don't exactly have the money to just go out and buy a couple more, but you better believe the next time I do feel the need to splurge, I'll be buying another one!! I'm totally obsessed.
Oh, and if you're interested in hiring someone to clean your house, just give me a shout--I enjoy doing it (weird?? perhaps) and I desperately need a little extra money these days. :)
-took Max for a walk
-went for a jog
-finally showered around 5 pm, and immediately put my PJ pants back on (also a top 5 fave thing to do!).
-Around 7, I grabbed a pillow and a blanket, got comfy on my couch and watched a movie. Just me and Max.
-I was in bed by 10.
Today wasn't much different:
-slept in AGAIN.
-went to church alone (I normally sit with my parents, but they're out of town this weekend).
-took Max to the beautiful MSU campus and went for a nice long walk. The weather was unbelievable today.
-went for a jog
-went to the gym (I promise I'm not obsessed with working out...I was just REALLY REALLY bored!!).
-took Max for ANOTHER walk. He loves it. I must say that while strolling along, I noticed the lovely smell of honeysuckles as well as the yummy smell of grilled hamburgers. 2 things that remind me that SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE. I get a little giddy.
Stay tuned for a FOR SURE post tomorrow. Someone very precious to me celebrates her birthday on Cinco de Mayo. I'm hoping to have time to give her a little birthday shout out before I go out for a little Mexican food to celebrate one of my favorite holidays! :)

3 comments:

Tracy~ said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend!
I did the spring cleaning thing, too. I even flipped mattresses!

Unknown said...

come clean my house?

Anonymous said...

I've GOT to know your favs in the Woodwick candle line! You have left me hanging!