Wednesday, May 21, 2008

some people...ugh...

Sure, I'm a little on edge right now because it's the last week of school and my life is BEYOND chaotic right now, but this particular incident really got under my skin today.
It was one of those days. After I left school, I felt like I had a million things to do. I had an appointment at 4:00 today, and when I left at 5, I had a major headache and I was starving. I was headed to Wal Mart but I knew better than to go HUNGRY. Wal Mart alone makes me ill, but it's 100 times worse when you're hungry. Agree? I didn't want to use the time or money (as I am poor and trying to save for the BEACH!) to stop somewhere on the way to Wal Mart. Then I remembered about the handy dandy little $5 Sonic gift card one of my students gave me. AH HAH! I'm a genius. There's a Sonic right by Wal Mart...I can stop and get a grilled chicken salad, and then head to Wal Mart and move on with my life. Perfect. So...I pull up to Sonic and order my salad and Diet Cherry Limeade. It had been a while since I'd had one of those yummy little drinks and I felt as though I deserved a treat. I love cherries. Can't get enough of them. I also enjoy tying the stem in a knot with my tongue, but that's another story for another day.
The total was nearly $7 (which I thought was a little pricey), but I didn't fret. I proudly swiped my Sonic card. It didn't work. I try it again. And again. And then about 10 more times. Still no luck. So, when the nice young girl came to bring my food, I explained the situation to her.
Me: "Hi, I have this $5 Sonic card and the swiper thingy isn't working."
Sonic girl: "Let me try." (I guess she didn't think I knew how to swipe).
When unsuccessful she says "let me go inside and try."
Me: "Sure, and take my debit card with you. Put the remaining $2 on it."
Sonic girl: "Huh?"
Me: "The total is 6 something. There's only $5 on the card, so you're going to need more money to pay for the rest."
Sonic girl: (confused at this point) "Ok then...." (she walks away, still looking confused).
I wait for a few minutes and then out comes Sonic girl.
Sonic girl: "I just used your debit card for the entire meal"
Me: "Excuse me? Is there something wrong with my card"
Sonic girl: "No ma'am just the swiping thing"
Now I'M confused. If the 'swiper thing' isn't working, how did they swipe my debit card? I didn't understand. She gives BOTH of my cards back to me and goes about her way. I felt like sending my salad back with her and and heading to Pepper's to get a salad. I mean, if I'm going to spend my money, I want it to be something that I REALLY want, not something I'm just eating because I didn't have to use my money for it. It seems like they cost about the same.
Oh well...
I decided to get over it and head on to the trap I call Wal Mart. I was ready to get home, go running, and head over to my friend Heather's to watch the finale of American Idol (WOO HOO DAVID COOK!!!!!! America totally got that one right!).
I was almost finished with the Diet Cherry Limeade and was about to eat the awaited cherry at the bottom. I decided that THAT would make the whole Sonic trip worthwhile.
So, I open the top, and guess what?
NO CHERRY.
Ugh!!!!!
I'm ready for tomorrow.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have thrown my cherry limeaid in her face.

Unknown said...

No wonder fast food workers only make minimum wage.I had a similar situation happen at Chik-fil-a yesterday. On my way home from work, I stopped to get breakfast. I ordered chicken minis (4 pack), and a milkshake. When I check my order before leaving, I realize they have given me 4 chicken nuggets! No biscuit! So I take a sip of my milkshake, and they have put it in a cup that is not a CFA cup, with the domed lid. They have filled up the lid with milkshake, which doesnt fit and it goes all over my cup holder and into the floor. By the time I got home I almost threw the remainder of the milkshake at a wall just to make me feel better.

I think not having a cherry at the bottom is about as low as it gets.

It's ALMOST Friday!

:)

Unknown said...

Apparently Heather and I both have hidden aggression that is only met by throwing a drink at someone/something.

Tracy~ said...

That was so frustrating to read! I just don't get it. UUGGGGHHHH!!!!
When is your last day of school? Today or Friday?

Happy last days of school!

Nan said...

Ugh, that happened to me one time. I got a cherry limeade and couldn't wait to get to the bottom for the cherry. It wasn't there. I totally feel your pain.

Anisa said...

stupid girl and stupid no cherry! ugh!

Anisa said...

stupid girl and stupid no cherry! ugh!

LWolfe said...

i'm ticked off for you!