Friday, May 23, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like...SUMMER!!

Well...I'm finished.
I must admit that while I've been very obviously awaiting this day for quite some time, saying goodbye to my students was somewhat bittersweet yesterday. They were wild all day, I was out of my mind all day, but when it came down to actually hugging them and saying goodbye, I realized just how attached I had become. This was the first time I'd experienced seeing students weep because they didn't want to leave me! No...really! I was giving them all hugs and about 3 of my students latched onto me, started crying, and wouldn't let go.
I sure am going to miss those little stinkers.
Today was the last day for us teachers. We were able to leave around 1:00 and several of my "teacher friends" and I headed to Bin 612 to hang out and celebrate a bit!

Top L: me, Catherine, Heather; Top R: me and Mandi;Bottom L: Bambi, me, and Angie; Bottom R: all of us! (My friends Stacy, Lisa, and Amanda joined us too, but came a little later so they missed out on the picture! SORRY!).

Both of my sisters, brothers-in-law, and nephew are here for Memorial Day weekend and then I'm headed to the beach with my friend Heather to the beach on Monday! I love summer.

Have a safe weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teachers: A World of Heart

See under the bleachers of E. Oktibbeha High

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

yay!! you're all done! enjoy your summer!