Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy 2nd birthday to the love of my life...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAXWELL!!!
That's right! Today is Max's 2nd birthday! He knows it too. When we woke up this morning, I immediately started playing with him and telling him happy birthday. He is so excited! As many of you know, I am as attached to this dog as anyone can possibly be. I live alone, and getting him in '06 was the best thing I could have done for myself. It was BY FAR the best ___ dollars I've ever spent. :)
Those of you who know Max, understand why he's so easy to love. He's sweet natured and loves to play with anybody (well....almost anybody). He's VERY overly protective of me and has snapped at people more than once if they get too close to me. He follows me around everywhere I go. It's always safe to assume that if he's not right at my feet, he's probably somewhere doing something that he isn't supposed to be doing! When I have a bad day, Max is there to help me forget about it. When I'm sad or sick, Max knows it, and he'll sit in my lap and snuggle as long as I need him to.
Maybe you think I'm kidding or exaggerrating a bit. Judge me if you wish, but I flippin love this dog.
Finding a couple of my favorite pics of him is difficult. Therefore, I'm posting multiple pics for you to see. Enjoy!
Max's birthday cake last year. That's right...he had a cake. And it looked like him.

Max's innocent face when he got busted eating toilet paper.

One of his favorite hiding spots. The laundry basket....weird I know.

Our '06 Christmas card picture. Yes, you read that correctly. I sent out Christmas cards with THIS picture on it. What's wrong with that?


His first visit with Santa.


Showing his love for the bulldogs. (Sorry, Trace!).

I love this picture. He hides behind the couch when he knows I'm about to leave him.

Angel face.

Here he is strutting his polo given to him by his Aunt MSKS.

A few more important notes worth mentioning: 1. The season finale of The Office is coming on tonight! A full hour!!! 2. TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3. A week from today I'll be out of school! 4. Check out the ticker up top, baby....I'M HEADING TO THE BEACH IN 11 SHORT DAYS!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Jared and Brandy Verwiel said...

look at that sweet baby boy!!! happy birthday, max!

Tassie said...

I'd really like to meet your dog some day!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

so what did his cake look like this year? bring him over to see SB sometime next week. We'll celebrate his birthday and jack's too!

Unknown said...

Max,
Hope your birthday was fun. Did you get scooby snacks?
My birthday is in October. I love pink.
xoxoxo - Sophie

Tracy~ said...

Aren't dogs the best? Max is so cute and I love MOST of the pics. Next time I head to the Oxpatch, Max is getting a little gift from Jamie (my sweet dog). But I bet it'll be used for kindling or to start the grill!
Happy Friday!