Saturday, May 17, 2008

Relay for Life

My friend Heather and I participated in Relay for Life last night. There are several teachers from our school who are breast cancer survivors, so I was glad to be a part of "Team Sudduth" (our school's team) and show our support to those teachers as well as other cancer survivors who were there. The theme was "TV shows" and our team was "Will and Grace." Our tshirts were really cute. The back of the shirts said: "Lord, grant me that WILL to move forward, AND the GRACE to embrace the journey."
Having a grandfather who passed away from Alzheimer's, I felt the need to raise money to help find cures and fight for all types of diseases and cancers. Me and my friend Heather showing our support!

Me, Karla (our school counselor), and Heather.

Lots of cancer survivors who were walking the "survivor walk." The 2 ladies on the far right are Sudduth teachers. The lady in the very middle who is looking at the camera is my dear friend, Mrs. June.

Me and Mrs. June. She's a real survivor!

If you or someone you know has or has had some form of cancer, I encourage you to get involved with this amazing organization. This was my first year to participate, but I can assure you that it won't be my last!

3 comments:

Tracy~ said...

What a great way to spend your Friday night! They are a great organization!

Unknown said...

you are cute.

can i have your red flats?

Anonymous said...

We know Ms. June from BSU. Have I asked you if you know the Richardsons? Ryan Richardson? He's from Starkville and his parents still live there and do all kinds of things for MSU. They are dear friends of Ms. June too.
Ryan had a baby a month before we had Walker...but forgive me if we've already been over all of this.
Congrats on your last week...how glorious! ejw