Wednesday, May 7, 2008

some new faves and ADIOS JASON!

I have a new favorite TV show, song, and a Bible verse all worth mentioning tonight.
First of all, I LOVE JON AND KATE PLUS 8! When I saw the previews for it, I thought "sure, they're cute and I love kids, but I won't really get in to a show like that." Well, I KEPT seeing the previews for it on TV and eventually I was thinking "I mean, those kids are SO cute. Maybe I'll watch it if I have nothing else to do." Finally, Mom called me the other night and she was watching it. I really wasn't doing anything when she called, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. After half an hour, I was hooked. Jon and Kate are adorable and SO REAL, and I'm telling you, every single one of those kids is absolutely adorable. Can you imagine having 8 kids so close in age? Whew. I bet Kate is on some serious anxiety medication. Anyway, if you've never watched, add it to your Monday night to-do list. You'll love it.
My new favorite song may come to a shock to some of you. I'm sure some of you are expecting me to discuss the newest hit from George Strait or perhaps Sugarland. Actually, though, this isn't even from a country artist (shock!)! It's called "Stronger Woman" by Jewel. Heard it? Listen to the lyrics and you'll understand why I'm such a fan. It's on the ipod and I listen to it often.
I also have a Bible verse that I feel the need to share. It's one that I've memorized and have written on an index card which stays on my bed side table. Sometimes I pay very little attention to it. Other times, like recent days, I've spent time reading it and thinking about the meaning of it. Here it is....perhaps you're familiar with it. If not, I encourage you to jot it down and keep it handy. It's a good one.
"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."
-Habakkuk 2:3
Told you it was good.

FINALLY--
We said goodbye to Jason tonight. Of course I think he should have gone home several weeks ago (sorry, Katey!), but America is just now waking up to reality...he's NOT worthy of such a title.
We now have a top 3: David C., David A., and Syesha. My vote is still with D.C. It'll be a close call though I think.
Oh yeah...one more thing. It's teacher appreciation week at school this week. The students are encouraged to give their teachers 'happies' this week. (ex. Monday-flowers day, Tuesday-relaxation day, etc....we have a fabulous PTA!). Well, today was SWEETS DAY. That's right. By 8:00 this morning, my desk was filled with dozens of cookies of ALL kinds, a large assortment of chocolate, brownies, etc. I did my share of 'taste-testing' today, so if I look as though I've gained a few the next time you see me, you can blame the students. :)
Friday is getting closer and closer AND I'M READY TO SEE YOU HEATHER!!!

5 comments:

the mrs. said...

LT, i LOVE that verse too, it's actually on my facebook profile, and you know, now that i think about it...the first time i ever heard it i had either read it on your blog or your facebook or something..so thanks, it is such an encouraging verse for me too!!

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing the verse :)

I can't watch Jon & Kate... It makes me too nervous!!

Unknown said...

Share the poem from the kid.

Anonymous said...

That is a great show and a great verse LT. I don't get to watch it much but i love it. I wouldn't love living that though. Hope you have a great weekend!!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

yay!! castro is finally gone and syesha remains. finally, america got it right.

ps do you still have lots of yummies from your kids at school? if so, SB and i will be stopping by later.