Wednesday, November 3, 2010

30 day blog challenge- Day 10

Day 10-Something you're afraid of
I can honestly say that there are very few things that really scare me. I can watch a murder mystery-by myself-at night-and not be affected. I guess I'm just weird like that. I'm not afraid to talk in public and not really afraid of heights (though they're not my fave).
What am I afraid of you ask?
Well....here you go:
1. Birds. Ok. Let me explain this one. I'm not scared of all birds. I think they're beautiful creatures and I enjoy watching them. And up until about 2003, I was never bothered by them. So, what's the big deal about 2003? Well, that's when I was jogging and minding my own business and suddenly found myself being attacked by a bird. Seriously. ATTACKED. I thought I was going to die. You probably would've paid lots of money to have seen me running (faster) from a bird. Since then, I keep my distance from those birds and every time I go for a jog, I keep my fingers crossed that I'm not spotted by one of them.



2. Clowns
Who's not scared of those freaky things? Ugh. Nightmares.



3. Snakes.

I don't care if they're 10 inches long or 10 feet long. I will scream if they cross my path.


4. Finally, and probably the most random of all of my fears, 18 wheelers.

I hate sharing the road with these things. If it were up to me, they would have their own road and we, normal drivers, would have our own road. Everytime I find myself driving next to an 18 wheeler (or heaven forbid being sandwiched by 2 of them!), I squeeze the steering wheel and put the pedal to the metal. I just have this fear that the driver won't see me. Strange maybe, but it's still probably my biggest fear of all.

Question time! What are some of your biggest fears?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't like clowns either...UGH..Creepy!

Jan Johnson said...

I hate snakes & 18 wheeelers too! And yes, I'm sure it wasn't funny to you, but just reading about your bird attack was hilarious!

JWhitworth said...

hey! i read your blog from Jade Gaskin's blog all the time! You seem so fun! :) love your posts!