Sunday, October 28, 2007

weekend trip, a genius idea and more randomness for you...

So, I just noticed that this is my 220th blog post. 220? Wow. I've been quite a busy blogger since I joined the blogging world last December. I sure would be interested to know how many regular blog readers I have. Feel free to leave me a little shout out if you're reading. :)
I spent the weekend with James' family in the good 'ol Mississippi Delta (are you proud, MSKS?). We spent the day on Saturday helping his parents move into a new house in Greenwood before heading to Glen Allen (James' 'true home') to spend the night with his adorable grandparents. For those of you who are unfamiliar with G.A. (as I was before I was introduced to it by JR), it's a small town 30 miles from Greenville. James' parents moved to Greenwood after he graduated high school, but his grandparents remained in Glen Allen. I was glad to finally see Glen Allen after hearing him talk about it so much. It's one of those cozy little towns where everybody knows everybody and it's surrounded by the beautiful Lake Washington (see pictures below), so it really is a pretty place. I felt right at home. Oh, and the weekend recap wouldn't be complete if I didn't give a little recognition to my bulldogs for their sweet victory over #14 (or should I say used to be #14?!) Kentucky.
I'm also still feeling really sorry for the poor rebels...PSYCHE! hahaha.

I don't know how many of you read Real Simple magazine. If you don't, you should. I always get great recipes, decorating ideas, and organizational tips from this magazine. Those of you who know me know I LOVE being organized. I also love gift wrapping supplies. I always say that when I'm rich (haha), I'm going to have a "craft room" with a gift wrapping station, much like the expensive ones you see in Pottery Barn. I was pretty excited when I saw this idea in the magazine. Why didn't I, "Miss Organization", think of this? Take a look...it's genius.

It may be a little difficult to read since it's a scanned magazine article, but I'm sure you can look at the picture and see what's been done here. Different coat/pant hangers used for hanging gift bags, ribbon, and tissue paper; a shoe organizer used for gift tags, scissors, tape, etc.; and a laundry hamper used for gift wrapping. Is that brilliant or what? I'm definitely planning on converting the closet in my spare bedroom into a gift wrapping station....just in time for Christmas. Can't wait.

I'll leave you with a quick story. Last week I went to the dentist. I'm not a fan of going to the dentist. At all. I've never had a cavity (although I LOVE candy), and I was hoping that I would receive another good dentist report. As my hygienist was cleaning my teeth, she was bragging on how nice and clean my teeth looked and how I still had no cavities. Great news. Although, as I mentioned, I am a candy lover, I also love brushing my teeth...maybe obsessively. I thought brushing your teeth was always a good thing, so I've never second guessed my brushing habits. Well, she informed me otherwise. She told me that she's never really had to tell a patient to brush less, but basically that was the problem she was seeing with me. Excuse me? Did my dentist just tell me that I need to brush less? Weird. I don't think the problem is necessarily the number of times I brush daily, but apparently, I brush too hard. My gums are starting to see the effects of hard brushing. Oops. I think I need one of those expensive electric brushes, so I won't have too much control over the pressure. My question: have any of you ever been instructed to brush your teeth less?? I just don't get this one.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lt-the state wins and ole miss losses are especially sweet while living in oxford. can't wait to sport my m-state attire to class tomorrow night.

ps-i also brush my teeth too hard and im wearing away my gums. sick.

The Davidsons said...

What a great idea for gift wrapping supplies! Thanks for sharing!

Kellye Rogers Davidson

mary straton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mary straton said...

sorry - i had to delete my comment due to a misspell.

I was told by my dentist that i am an "aggressive brusher" and that i brush for too hard and for too long of a time. I had to start using a $100 sonicare toothbrush.

i love gift wrap. there is a wrapping/crafts room in my dream home. one day if you're lucky, i'll teach you how to make a giggleswick bow.

The Lively's said...

I must say, I have that problem too! I've even had to have fillings put in between my teeth & gums becuase I had brushed so hard. I see you are going to San Antonio soon - we just got back. So fun!! You need to stay downtown cause you can walk anywhere you go.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

hey, will you come over in december and wrap all my christmas gifts? i'm so terrible at that.

The Nichols Family said...

I wanted to let you know I'm one of your "lurkers"! I enjoy keeping up with life in Starkville with your blog. What a great ides for the gift wrapping supplies. Thanks for sharing! I have also been told to "brush less". Yes, it was weird to me as well.

Jessica Callahan Nichols

Tracy~ said...

I'm definitely a stalker - except I'm pretty sure I comment on most of your entries unless it is all about State. My mama told me if I didn't have anything nice to say, then to shut my mouth... :)

love the gift wrap idea!

Tracy~

brad, amanda, and brody said...

Real Simple is my favorite magazine! When it shows up in the mailbox, I can't flip through it fast enough. I loved that wrapping station idea- and how about that organized LINEN CLOSET???

My favorite part of the whole magazine are the pages. What is it? They're bigger and not flimsy- I think. That whole magazine is just perfect. :)