Wednesday, October 17, 2007

one good day

So, I woke up this morning, and I was just in one of those "blah" moods. I wasn't in a bad mood, but I definitely didn't wake up excited, energetic and eager to get to school. It was rainy and I was feeling so well, so it was oh so tempting to just stay in bed. You know the kind of morning I'm talking about. But, I got up against my will, got my coffee, got ready and I was at school by 6:45 as usual.
Anyway, around 10:30 or so, I received a message in my mailbox at school which said that I had something at the front desk. Of course, I'm thinking it was something dropped off by a parent for one of my students or something. Thinking little about it, I sent a student to the office to fetch whatever it was. About 5 minutes later, my student walks in the classroom with this in his hand:
(I know, 1 picture would have been sufficient, but they're so beautiful, I had to capture each view)
Yes, I got flowers.
But guess what...that's not all. Attached to the beautiful bouquet was a big envelope which contained a gift certificate for a massage...(every teacher's dream gift). Seriously? What in the world did I do to deserve THIS? Needless to say, the remainder of my day was spent with a smile on my face.
I'm glad I decided to go to school today. :)
After school, I met my dear friends Katey and Camp at TCBY (yes, I said "TCBY" NOT "Cool Scoops"--cheese). Have I ever mentioned how much I love this child? It was such entertainment watching him eat ice cream. Please notice the last picture on the collage...by the time he was finished, it looked as if Katey and I had just smeared it all over his face. Priceless and so adorable.
After I left TCBY, I headed back to my house and got behind a car with a very 'questionable' bumper sticker. Help me with this one please... In case you're unable to read it from the picture I took while driving my car (that's a wreck waiting to happen), here's what it said: "Krystal Lovers get more in the sack." Ummmm..EXCUSE ME? Krystal? As in the fast food restaurant? I wanted to follow the car and talk to the driver about this, quite interested in the thought process behind it.
There are always 3 things that can get a good rise out of me: 1. a good mullet, 2. a humorous church sign, and 3. a good pimped car (especially the "themed" ones seen mostly in South Mississippi...love them). I guess I should add bumper stickers to my list now, because this one's pretty hard to beat.
Some people.
One more thing, and then I'm done...Heather mentioned in a recent post that our little nephew Henry was having surgery this morning. It was just a minor procedure, but they did have to put him to sleep, which, as you parents can imagine, made Kristen and Rob a nervous wreck. I'm happy to say that everything went fine! Kris said Henry was happy before and after the surgery and everything went well.
See? It ended up being quite a good day afterall!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. I'm posting a message. First, I'm so thankful Henry's doing well. Next, are my eyes failing or did you not mention who the flowers and massage are from? I have a guess, but I need to hear it from the source. Third, are you confused about the bumper sticker? Have you not heard of the Sackfuls at Krystal? Honey, you can get like twenty of those delicious square burgers with onions, pickles and mustard in one sack... hence, Sackful. Talk about heaven in a bag. Fourth, what did you order at TCBY? Your readership demands all details of your life... may seem minor to you but may be major to others. hahaha. Love you!

Unknown said...

i told Trey of the massage and flowers gift. His response?

"You just had a massage like a month ago"

ummm...ok. no. It was a pedicure and it was in May.

The flowers are BEAUTIFUL.

i miss TCBY

The Benjamins said...

The flowers are gorgeous! I want TCBY now! The bumper sticker is too funny!

Anisa said...

omg. jr is such a good boyfriend! i hate massages...i always feel violated...but i hope yours is great!!

Kellen and Becca Farmer said...

Hey Laura! You probably don't remember me at all but I was a student teacher for Amanda May Spring 06! One of your really cute students was in our reading class and for the life of me I can't remember his name! He is totally unforgetable! Does Amanda still work at Sudduth? How is she doing? Anyways, you are probably wondering how I found your page. Well Marty Cooper is one of my best friends and I was just looking around! So is Cool Scoops the same as TCBY?

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

i saw a church sign today that said, "why pray when you can worry?"

that's not a typo. i think the church sign poster made a minor mistake. he should be fired immediately.

The Overstreets said...

beautiful flowers!! Oh, and super cute kid.

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

I LOVE your flower and massage surprise!!! How exciting!! What a perfect thing to brighten your day!! I know it would definitely brighten mine. :)

Tracy~ said...

What a wonderful surprise!!! I'm glad Henry came through surgery just fine.

There is a church around the corner from where I work that always has "cute" little sayings. I'll have to write them down so I can share them with you.

Your sister's comment made me laugh out loud.