Monday, October 15, 2007

I love fall, yes I do.

Sorry for my lack of blogging last week. I think it was a combination of a week of craziness and nothing really worth blogging about. Enough with excuses though...I'll try to catch you up on my exciting life.
I spent the weekend in Hattiesburg with Heather. Yes, that means that I was absent for the MSU vs. UT game and while it's unlike me to miss a football game, I have no regrets. James wasn't in town for the game either and Trey left for the deer camp Saturday night. Heather's not a fan of being by herself. (Here's the conversation between me and my camo-wearing brother-in-law before his departure to the deer camp. ME: So, I'm trying to understand your excitement about going to the deer camp. I just don't get it. Try to explain why this is your favorite time of the year and why going to the deer camp is one of your favorite things to do. TREY: It's like this LT...imagine that someone gave you $25,000 to spend on anything you wanted in New York City. THAT'S how thrilling it is for me to go to the deer camp. Excuse me? Can we say SLIGHT exaggeration? Sorry Trey. Deer camp vs. $25,000 shopping spree? I don't really think it's even comparable).
ANYWAY...
It had been too long since I had been to the burg and it was just time for a trip. Heather and I actually did some Christmas shopping on Saturday. I have roughly 86.7% of my Christmas shopping completed! That's right! It's not even Halloween and I'm almost finished shopping. You have every right to be jealous. :) We also had a little Mexican food Friday night, which you know I love. The weather was perfect and it was a fantastic weekend.
Last week I posted pics of my fall decorations. I guess you thought that I was calling it quits after painting my bully pumpkin and purchasing the beautiful yellow mums. Think again. Yesterday afternoon I got the urge to go out and spend money that I didn't have to add to my weak decor. I love LOVE the fall and I think the colors are the best. I can't help but want to go overboard when it comes to decorating. James went with me to Lowe's to pick out more mums and Kroger to get more pumpkins.
Who knew JR had such an eye for decorating? He had the idea of nailing the wood posts together to add to the decorations and I think it was very creative of him and looks fabulous. He also trimmed my bushes for me, which makes my yard look much more attractive. I'm actually very proud of our finished product. What do you think? I can assure you that it looks better in person. I may quit my teaching job to start working for HGTV.

I'm at school and the bell's about to ring for my Monday morning to begin, which means I'll be xing out of the blogging box, but I must tell you what just occurred to get my week started off on the right foot....
One of my precious students just walked in here and brought me a bag of candy corn. Apparently, he overheard me mentioning how much I LOVE candy corn, so he decided to go out and buy me some. I'm so excited about this. I wonder how long I'll be able to wait before getting into it. If you like candy corn, then allow me to recommend mixing it with peanuts....YUM! It's the perfect snack.
I said I wasn't going to buy anymore candy corn for myself this year because I didn't need all of the sugar, PLUS I can't control my portion sizes. It doesn't count when someone else gives it to me though, does it?? :)
I hope you have a great week. I love this weather.

9 comments:

Regina said...

He sounds like a KEEPER! :) Love the sticks all together to make a "fence" very crafty and HGTVy! :) Hope you enjoy your candy corn, I bet you have already broken into it... :)

Unknown said...

so cute! the house looks great! had so much fun with you!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

SO neat! You are so creative and teacher-ish.

I'm with you on loving this PERFECT weather.

The Benjamins said...

Cute decorations...will you come to my house next?

Adelia said...

I'm jealous for the following reasons:
1) you got to go to Hattiesburg and see Heather
2) you are almost finished with your Christmas shopping (I am usually done by Thanksgiving)
3) you have a cute house to decorate (nobody would see our decorations, our apt. faces a concrete wall)
4) you have a cute boy to help you decorate
and finally, 5)you have candy corn (I LOVE CANDY CORN!)
Glad you had a good weekend. Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

YAYA!! Have you disappeared off the end of the earth? Kidding. I know you just called me, and I imagine I'm calling you back soon. Forgive me if it isn't tonight, though. End of 9 wk grading period=a rediculous load of stuff to work on at home for school.

REdiculous. I miss you very very much. And your decor looks WONDERFUL!! Go yaya and James!

The Robertsons said...

Great decorations! So when will you and James come to Hernando to decorate my yard? Please bring candy corn and peanuts when you come. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

have you tried the candy corn with the caramel on the bottom instead of orange? i must say it is delicious!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

candy corn sicks me out. but you are cute and so are your decorations, so i guess we can still be friends.

sb was asking about you today, and i told her you were coming to see her really soon. don't make a liar out of me!