Sunday, October 21, 2007

angel pie

Kristen obviously doesn't have a whole lot of free time these days because of her crazy work schedule, and when she DOES have time off, it's understandable that she wants to spend her time with Rob and Henry. I really do think she'd love to have a blog so she could share pictures of that sweet boy, but it would just be too much. So of course, Heather and I feel that it is OUR duty to keep you all up-to-date on the life of our adorable nephew. :)

I spent the weekend with Henry, and took nearly 40 pictures of him in just a matter of like 36 hours. I realize that this really is a problem, but I can't stop. My camera is always close by and when I see him "doing something cute" (wait...isn't everything he does cute?), I feel as though it must be captured on camera. Don't worry...I'm not about to post all 40 pictures. I chose only a few of my favorites to share with you. Just take my word for it though-they're ALL cute.

Henry will be 11 months old Nov. 1, and he's at a really fun stage. He's able to recognize me, which I LOVE. He also makes repetitive sounds (ex. he says "lalalala" a lot and of course I act as though he's saying my name. What a genius child.). I love being with him more and more everytime I see him.

When I first got there, he gave me a big smile and showed me his 2 adorable little teeth. Soon after, he was reaching for me (LOVE THAT) and when I picked him up, he immediately, laid his head on my shoulders and began playing with my hair. At that moment, I was thinking, "wow...I sure am in love with this child." He then lifts up his head, looks at me, grabs my face and gives me the biggest slobber kiss ever (much like he's doing in the picture below). He gave me lots of wet kisses over the course of the weekend. Precious.

This was supposed to be a 'normal' picture, but H decided to give me a slobber kiss just as the camera was flashing. :)

Now it's time to show off some of Kristen's latest projects. She ordered the most beautiful frame from Laura Helen Home (she has TONS of cute frames and such) and the picture she framed is one taken by the talented photographer who takes most of Henry's pictures. She does such a great job. I had no idea how perfect the picture would look in the frame. Isn't it gorgeous? It's hanging on the wall in Kristen and Rob's house, and it's one of the first things you notice when you walk in. I may be obsessed with it.

A few months after Henry was born, Kristen and Rob transformed their dining room into a playroom, which was a VERY wise decision on their part! Kristen chose 3 of her favorite pictures of Henry, had them blown up, and framed them in the play room. I took a picture of it so you could get an idea, although it's a little difficult to see the middle picture because of the glare.
On another wall in the playroom, they hung the art that Heather painted. I've tried telling Heather that she needs to sell some of the art that she does. She's so talented and loves doing it. Does anybody else agree with me? She's not confident enough I don't think, but I think we should all harrass her about it until she starts her own business or at least starts advertising some of her stuff in her blog! :)


Finally, here are some pictures of the little man. The top picture was taken when we went strolling. He's wearing his MSU jersey, although it didn't so much help us on Saturday. :( He still looked A*D*O*R*A*B*L*E in it. You should see him is his stroller. He props his feet up and usually just talks the whole time. It's so cute. In the bottom picture, he's wearing one of the many cute outfits ordered from BabyFace Design. He loves his little rompers!

My week starts off with parent/teacher conferences at school from 11-7 tomorrow. While it'll be a nice break from the everyday routine, I'm not exactly thrilled about staying there until 7. Is my school the only school in America that didn't have a fall break? Sure, the students get the day off tomorrow, but apparently the teachers were forgotten! I'm definitely looking forward to Thanksgiving break in a few weeks...

I hope your Monday is fabulous!

9 comments:

Adelia said...

He is very precious. I have to go to Jackson next weekend. Why don't you come back and we can both stay at Kristen's and play with Henry? And no, my school doesn't get fall break either and we have parent teacher conferences this week too but we don't even get a whole day off from our kids. Our time is Wednesday from 1:30-5:30 and our kids will be there until 1:30. I am so ready for Thanksgiving too!

Unknown said...

how is he that cute? It just does not make sense. i love him!!! I am jealous that you got slobbery kisses from him!

mary straton said...

i don't think I get enough credit for encouraging Kristen to call her child Henry.

I think he's starting to look more like Rob. :)

The Texas VicHorns said...

Get down here! (to mexico). Word on the street is that you and claire are moving here.

did you love my voicemail or what? i'll call you as soon as i make it back to texas and cell phone service.

The Segrest Family said...

i agree with the whole post:
a) henry is the cutest
b) it is awesome being an aunt
c) heather should sell her art!

Anonymous said...

Henry is absolutely adorable. We missed ya'll at the family reunion. Everyone would have loved to see him. And you, too!!

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

I love all your pictures of Henry!!! He is TOO CUTE!!! I love the frame Kristen ordered too. How precious!!!

Tracy~ said...

That child is impossibly cute! That age is the best... they are perfect at that age!
I agree, Heather should sell her art.