Monday, October 8, 2007

Go "BOOOO"lldogs!

Disclaimer: Please excuse the cheesiness of the blog title. When I thought of it, I couldn't resist. I'm a teacher...I spend my LIFE being cheesy.

So I decided to take a stab at being creative. What do you think? In case you can't tell, it's a bulldog (well, it's supposed to be a bulldog anyway). I wish that I could say that I came up with the idea myself and just drew it but I'm not that creative. I actually found this in a book titled 125 Years at Mississippi State University and I copied it. It was fun to make even if it DOES look like a
possessed monster. :)
By the way, how pretty are fall decorations?! I love them. I went to Kroger yesterday and bought this basket of mums. It was about $15 so it was somewhat of a splurge for me, but I had to have them. My tiny little front porch was screaming for something 'fallish'. All of the different colors they had were beautiful, and I literally stood there for about 10 minutes trying to decide which color to buy. I must say, I'm quite pleased with my decision. :)
I'm thinking about going back and getting some maroon mums too....I think they would look great next to my bully!

10 comments:

brad, amanda, and brody said...

That bully pumpkin is awesome! And I just planted mums exactly like that last weekend! I love October...

Unknown said...

i bought mums yesterday. and pumpkins. we are sisters, indeed.
however, you are a nerd - "BOOODAWG"??? geez.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

love the boooldawg. you are cute. come see SB. miss you!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

Our house is the one just down the street from Walgreens. It's kindof on a hill. Bring me a booldawg pumpkin. :)

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

i love the pumpkin! very creative!!

Susan P. said...

Laura,

Thank you so much for the message you left on our blog! I had just received a very brief email with the prayer request for Mrs. June today, but I did not really know any details. So I SO GRATEFULLY appreciate you telling me more! I will definitely be praying for her and the family...she is so dear to me!

And yes, I do know who you are...I worked in the athletic dep't for several years with ol' BobbyT, and I do believe you and I have several mutual friends. So, it is very nice to meet you!

Take care and God bless! Maybe we'll get the chance to meet in person someday :)

Susan

Laura said...

Your pumpkin is too cute! It most definitely looks like Bully. I'm impressed.

Tracy~ said...

I will just gloss over the pumpkin ... cute as it may be.

The first purchase I make for my new home on Monday is mums. I can't wait to decorate for Halloween and fall!

Tracy~

The Segrest Family said...

SO CUTE! i love it and i don't think it is cheesy!

The Overstreets said...

The pumpkin is super cute! You are pushing a week again without an update.. come on LT. Get with it! :) Let's do TCBY this week.