Monday, March 12, 2007

POOR MAX!!

HEATHER...NOW, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH!!
If you read Heather's blog last week, you saw where little Sophie had surgery last week. Well, Max's was today. I've planned on getting him "fixed" every since I got him, but the thought of him being there all day and having SURGERY scared me (yes, I'm talking about a DOG, not a person). I finally did it today though. I took him at 7:30 this morning and he started crying right when I pulled into the parking lot! POOR BABY!! I did NOT want to leave him.
I got a call from the vet around 10 and they let me know that he made it through his surgery fine, but I couldn't pick him up until 4. It was a good time for me to clean the house today (he usually feels compelled to chase the broom or vacuum while I'm cleaning...it's annoying, but I kinda missed it today!). But, I was finished cleaning around 11:30 and by that time, I WAS READY TO HAVE HIM HOME!
He's tired and really sore now(of course), but they gave me some pain medicine for him, so he should be good to go in a couple of days! He's being such a big boy though...he hasn't cried or anything! His mommy is so proud of him!


Puppy 1

There was NOTHING fun about what he went through today, but at least now, he and Sophie can play (and be left alone together!) without any worries!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

don't let him chew the stiches out...he will have to join sophie in the "i wear a lampshade collar
club. (and he will have to be stapled)

Unknown said...

don't let him chew the stiches out...he will have to join sophie in the "i wear a lampshade collar
club. (and he will have to be stapled)

Anonymous said...

minnie was fixed about 2 weeks ago, but she had to spend the night since she had eye surgery as well. i was SO worried. i think i called the vet about 5 times that day and my sister-in-law wanted to go and visit her to bring her some flowers. needless to say...i know your pain. my pups are my babies. i'd be so lonely without them! FEEL BETTER MAX!