Friday, February 16, 2007

Welcome to room C03!

My 2nd graders have been learning about money this past week, and I thought, "who better to come talk to my kids about money than my DAD!" (He is a banker). Now, my dad is probably one of the best public speakers of anybody I've ever met, so I thought it was funny when he told me that talking to a large group of kids made him a little nervous. :)


But, being the best dad that he is, he willingly accepted the invitation to come to my classroom. My kids loved him. LOVED HIM. Of course, anytime he would ask a question, all he would have to say was "How many of you....," and before he could even FINISH asking the question, 23 hands would be flying in the air. My kids love to talk. He told my kids what goes on at a bank, the importance of saving your money,the importance of working hard in school to get a job when you get older, etc. etc.....

These are just a few of the pictures I took of my dad "in action"....

THANKS FOR COMING TO VISIT US MR. TOMLINSON! Smile