Monday, February 26, 2007

A new "blogging" friend!

OK, so she's probably not going to be too happy with me for "announcing" her blog so soon, but I can't help it. I get excited when my friends become bloggers. I'm a nerd....this I know.

Mary Straton Karatassos Smith (it's quite a long name...I usually prefer "MSK" to save time) is now a blogger! I've been friends with her longer than anybody else, and we've experienced quite a lot together-to say the least. We "met" at church when we were only 2, we went to Starkville Academy (that's right...I was a "Volunteer") for 13 years, college together for 4, and we have been friends THE WHOLE TIME. Seriously.






















I'm willing to bet that there is not a single person reading this blog who has seen more TGIF than we have(remember it? "Full House", "Family Matters", "Step-By-Step"...you know what I'm talking about. TV today is nothing like it used to be). The biggest decision we faced each week was "so, are we watching it at YOUR house this Friday or MINE?" Very rarely were we not spending the night at each other's house on Friday night...it was just understood.
We were in numerous school plays together (see the "Little Bo Peep" and "Little Miss Muffet" picture...it's from our Kindergarten play), we played on the same softball team for YEARS (and we were SOME KIND of athletes...let me tell you!), we were involved with the same youth group, we went to the beach together every summer for years, etc. etc. (I'm sitting here realizing that this list really may never end, so I'll go ahead and stop now with the memories...you get the idea though, WE'RE GOOD FRIENDS). I always considered (and STILL DO) her family as my "2nd family."

MSK married her boyfriend of 6 years (???), Kell Smith, last summer, and they are now living in the Jackson area. I don't see her NEARLY as much as I would like. I haven't even gotten to meet their "babies," Olive and Charlie! I've told Max all about them though, and he's looking forward to meeting his cousins soon!
Puppy 3



Yes, This is what consumed most of our
Friday nights as kids...too bad I DESPISE
Bob Saget now! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura---you've GOT to stop using quotation marks around everything!!

Anonymous said...

oops...that was me, claire.

Unknown said...

agreed....the "qoutations" are "out of control".
Love,
Your "little sister"
Heather "H-dog" Skaggs
ps - I "love" MSK, as in "mary straton smith"

LT (and Max) said...

enough already about the quotation marks. you're both just "jealous" of me.
i've been teaching my kids about quotation marks and i guess i just got "carried away".
just back off and let's focus on the content of the post please.
:)

Anonymous said...

"Okay," said Claire.

The Segrest Family said...

i will admit that i was a bit "distraught" when "MSK" did not go "KD"
=)