Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day...(I guess)...


I've never really been a fan of Valentine's Day (or "Singles Awareness Day" as Mandy sarcastically refers to it), although, I do enjoy any excuse to eat chocolate or drink my new favorite coffee..."Valentine's Blend" from O'Henry's Coffee. If you live in the Birmingham area, you're in luck, because this coffee shop is actually in Homewood. I've never been there, but Claire loves it. She brought a bag of the Valentine's Blend when she came to visit last weekend. She, Mere, and I put quite a dent in that bag in just a matter of a couple of days! If you are around Birmingham, you should definitely get some, and if not, you can order this yummy coffee online! I highly recommend it!

Tomorrow is our Valentine's party at school. The kids were already out of control TODAY, so I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like. I'm guessing that it'll be somewhat similar to the Christmas party, but hoping that it'll be a LITTLE less chaotic. Fortunately, tomorrow is a half day for the students, so basically, I'll have just enough time to "sugar them up" and send them home! :) I did bake heart-shaped cookies for the party (although some of them look more like big blobs than hearts...I don't really think the kids will mind though!).

I'm quite proud of my baking...(no one has to know that the cookies are "slice and bake" and the frosting is from a store-bought container...)


This is a card that Mandy's mom sent her for Valentine's Day...I just had to share. It basically sums up my feelings for this holiday! :)
If you DO have a reason to enjoy Valentine's Day, I hope that it's fabulous!

*Mere, I'm pumped about our Valentine's "date"... GO DAWGS!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you sound mean in this post.