Monday, February 5, 2007

In case you haven't heard...

If you read or listen to the local news, you may have heard about the apartment fire in Meridian that took place last night. I actually have a couple of friends who unfortunately lost EVERYTHING in the fire. That incident, along with the recent disaster in Florida that also occurred over the weekend have both really hit me hard. Several people lost their lives in Florida, and several HUNDREDS of homes were destroyed. There's no way to really comprehend what it would be like to lose everything just like that (not to mention the people who lost SOMEONE!). It has made me realize how valuable life is and how so often we take SO many things (and PEOPLE!) for granted...I know I do! I don't know about you, but I'm definitely going to try to remember what's really important in life...and focus on the good things.
I ask you to join me in remembering these people and families in your prayers. Please feel free to pass this message along to anyone who will loyally pray for these people.
God bless you.

When I try to think of an "appropriate" verse to include in this post, I constantly go back to my all time favorite verse (which I'm sure I've posted before!):

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: