Sunday, May 9, 2010

sweet Mamaw and a high school grad!

One of the most important things I've learned in my "adulthood" is how important grandparents are. I was blessed to have 4 wonderful grandparents. Only my grandmothers are living now, but I have wonderful memories of my Dada, who passed away only 3 1/2 years ago, and I hear stories about my Papaw, who unfortunately passed away when I was a very small child.
My Mamaw (Mom's mom) lives in assisted living in Meridian. Though I'm not able to see her nearly as much as I like, I think of her daily and I love the times I AM able to see her. I drove to visit her yesterday, and was so glad to see her. She has Alzheimer's (which is what ultimately took my Dad's dad's life), so this horrific disease is not new to me, but I was so glad to find her having a good day yesterday. We had a great visit. There really wasn't anybody around to take a picture of me, but I managed to snap one myself. :)
She's probably already forgotten that I was even there, but it doesn't matter to me. I try not to take for granted any of the time I'm able to spend with her and was glad to be there to wish her a happy Mother's Day!
Another reason I was in Meridian was to attend a graduation party for my cousin's (Lisa's) daughter, Tiffany. I remember the day I found out Lisa was expecting Tiffany, so it makes me feel slightly old to think that she's now graduating high school. I'm proud of this girl, and I was glad to be with her yesterday!In just another year, I'll be helping Lisa's sister Monica's daughter, Brooklee (get it?) celebrate HER high school graduation!
Yeah. I'm old now.Brooklee and Tiffany, the 2 girls responsible for making me feel really, really old right now.
Only 2 more weeks of school for me! And not only that, but this weekend I get to see Claire and Meredith!!! YEP! I'm helping to host a baby shower for Meredith this weekend, so she's coming all the way from Texas!!!
Excited? YES.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Brooklee is a Jr. in HS? Yeah, now I feel old too!