Sunday, May 2, 2010

little baby boy on the way!

One of my dearest friends from high school is having a baby boy very SOON and I was so thrilled to be able to help host a shower for her today! I absolutely can't wait to meet little Barrett Thomas Jones (cute name, huh?).
Here's the cake I had someone make for her shower. Isn't it ADORABLE? I would like to tell everyone that I made it myself, but that would in fact, be a very big lie.
I have had several people ask about the talented cake-maker, and with her permission, I'm going to tell you a little about her so maybe you can contact her the next time you need a cake made! Her name is Melanie Owens. She doesn't have a website, but she is on facebook and she created an album with LOTS of different cakes she's made. She's SO TALENTED! If you live in the area and you're in need of a cake, I would HIGHLY recommend her! She was super easy to work with and very reasonably priced. I will definitely use her again! Let me know if you need more information.
And back to the shower....
I hosted it with Lorin Chancellor and Mary Straton (who was unable to attend but was missed greatly!). It was so great to see Ashley and her cute little pregnant self. Nothing like old friends, right?

Congrats to Ashley and Darren!

1 comment:

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

LOVE that cake. It makes me want to throw a party so I can order one. Also, I had a mango naked juice yesterday, and it was delish!