Thursday, February 12, 2009

proudly supporting the LLS.

As you well know, I will soon be participating in the Country Music 1/2 Marathon in Nashville. I've been training for approximately 6 weeks already and I'm slowly making my way towards the 13.1 required miles. I have set a goal for myself to cross the finish line and I'm looking forward to the sense of accomplishment it will bring! :)
I'm also thrilled to know that my running will allow me to raise money to help cure blood cancers: leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma. I'm asking my friends and family to help me support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's lifesaving cancer research. Your donation will help improve the lives of more than 894,000 Americans battling blood cancer. If you are interested in financially supporting this cause in any way, please email me at LLTomlinson@Hotmail.com and include your address. I have all of the information that you need and I can happily mail it to you. Even if you're a little unsure about what this entails, I can still mail you the information to help with your decision. If you're unable to support financially, I ask that you support prayerfully. Thanks for taking the time to read.
Tomorrow is Friday (THANK GOODNESS), and I'm heading the the 'Ham after school to spend the weekend with one of my dearest. I can think of no better person to spend Valentine's Day with! :)

1 comment:

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

Running for the LLS was one of the best experiences of my life. To think of the money collectively raised by everyone at your race will be mind-blowing. I am proud of you! Laura