Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oh, Henry.

First of all, can we PLEASE discuss this beautiful weather? The past few days have been nothing less than heavenly to me. It totally makes me ready for spring, which will then make me even MORE ready for summer. I of course will get tired of the heat of summer and will be again craving the cold. It's a never ending cycle to me. Am I ever really satisfied? Sometimes I do wonder.
Moving on--I opted to go out of town this weekend rather than staying here to watch the fantabulous basketball game Saturday. GO DAWGS! I hated to miss it, but I watched/listened to it, and was totally in to every second of it. Couldn't have been more proud to be a bulldog yesterday.
Max and I headed to Hattiesburg Friday to visit the sis, b.i.l., and Sophie. Other than this nasty cold I can't seem to shake, good times were had by all. I was able to complete my scheduled run for the weekend, so I'm hoping I'm back on track now after being sick.
Saturday, Heather and I decided that it had been long enough since we'd seen Henry (an entire MONTH), so she and I headed to Clinton for a few hours.
He turns more and more into a little boy every time I see him. He doesn't like to give me kisses as much as he used to, but there's no doubt that he still loves his LaLa!
He really is so funny. I told Kristen yesterday that I really do wish that she had the time (and know-how! HA!) to blog. She would really have funny stories to write about. I'm sure you'd much rather read it from the mom than the obsessed aunt anyway, but alas, there will be no Fyke Family Blog anytime in the near future. Bummer.
Here are some new ones of the wild man.
Heather and I took him some Valentine's happies. Kristen is one of those mothers who gives her child grapes and organic veggie crisps as "treats," so I'm pretty sure it made her cringe to watch him eat this big sugar-coated marshmallow. Henry loved everything about it though. He's definitely related to me!

Kristen thought Henry needed some cute rainboots (sorry I didn't take a picture of the actual boot! THEY'RE SO CUTE)! So while we were at Target, she found some cute cow boots and then of course HAD to also buy the matching rain jacket. He loved it! Kristen says he won't take the boots off now. He probably insist on wearing them to school everyday this week. Gotta love him.


Sure I look like complete POO in this pic., but I have to take advantage of any photo op I have with my buddy, as they are so far and few between. I think he looks like a peach pie in this one. I love him.

And so, tomorrow is the start of Valentine's "week" at school. I'm personally not a big fan of the holiday for, well, obvious reasons, but it's also because it's another excuse my students have to eat candy. Don't you remember what it was like when you were in elementary? It was SUCH a big deal to pass out valentines to your friends. The kids will probably be talking about it all week, even though our party isn't going to be until the very END of the day on Friday. My plan: sugar them up and send them home! :)


Here's to hoping I survive the week!

7 comments:

The Andersons said...

I LOVE that pic of you and Henry! He is sooo cute! By the way-I e-mailed you earlier so check it! Get ready for "Valentine's Week!" (I blogged about it earlier, too--ha!) :)

Anonymous said...

The cow-themed rainwear--well, that's the cutest thing ever...as for Valentine's Friday--isn't it great having yet another long weekend? Gotta love those dead Presidents.

LT (and Max) said...

anonymous: yes, long weekends are indeed lovely. however, i will NOT be getting a long weekend, for my school district does NOT observe President's Day. I will never understand why we get of for MLK but not President's Day. Sad.

Ashley said...

Love the cow boots and raincoat. I always hated Valentine's week at school too. Good luck!

Tricia said...

I can't believe how long his hair is! He really has changed so much in the past few months.

The Ueltschey's said...

Henry is so cute! I know that you are very in love :)
Thank you so much for offering to make us a new header...my friend Erin had already offered so I am going to let her create one for now...but I might take you up on one later down the road! I definitely need a new one!! Hope that everything is going well for you! I love reading your blog...

JWhite said...

Thanks for the tip on scrapblog... I am having fun :)