Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year's Extravaganza!

My New Year's Eve was spent doing something a little out of the ordinary. I didn't attend an overcrowded party with a glass of champagne in hand to toast in the New Year, as many people do. Nope. I did something that, in my opinion, was far greater.
JR and I began our night in Tupelo. I took him for his birthday dinner and he chose to go to Red Lobster. I had never eaten there until he and I started dating, and while it's somewhere that I wouldn't really choose, I don't mind going at all. I've been pleased everytime we've been and could probably eat about 8 of those yummy cheese biscuits. I'm just glad his favorite restaurant isn't like Barnhill's or Captain D.'s or somewhere. If that were the case, I might have had a serious problem going.
ANYWAY...the food was good and we left R.L. around 7. Want to know where our next destination was? GRACELAND TOO. Perhaps you've heard of this fantastic little place in Holly Springs, MS. If not, maybe you should click here or here, or maybe you should just google it and you'll find all kinds of goodies. JR couldn't believe that I had never been and he's told me for months now that we had to go. I must say, when he told me that we were going there New Year's Eve, I got a little excited. I had heard JR and Heather both talk about this place so much. They are both "Lifetime Members,"which means, they've been there at least 3 times and never again have to pay the whopping $5 to take the tour. It also means that their picture has been taken holding one of Elvis's guitars and is now somewhere on the wall in this museum-like house. It's pretty big time. Heather and Trey were actually there about a year ago and they brought along their little Sophie. Heather felt compelled, however, to tell Mr. MacLeod(the homeowner and 'tour guide') that their dog's name was PRISCILLA! Haha. Of course, the man fell in love with Sophie immediately. I love that story.
I can't sit here and try to explain to you what this place was like. There's no way I can do it justice, nor can I possibly begin to describe this Elvis-crazed man. PLEASE. If you've never been, you must PLAN TO DO IT SOON! It's worth it, I can assure you. Oh, and to make your life easier, he's open 24/7, so feel free to go at 3 am if you'd like. If you don't go, then at least check out some of his sites on the internet. Below, you'll see a picture of the front of his house, a picture of me and JR taken inside one of the rooms, and then a fantastic one of me and Mr. MacLeod (I'm planning on blowing it up to at least 8x11 and hanging it on my wall. I love it).

Oh yeah...one more thing I failed to mention. He has a son named ELVIS AARON PRESLEY MACLEOD. It's true. He actually named his son after Elvis's FULL name. Wow.

I hope you had a great New Year's! Did you remember to eat your black-eyed peas today?

9 comments:

Adelia said...

I am so freaking excited that you have been to Graceland Too now. I am also a lifetime member and love introducing the attraction to new people. Isn't it one of the craziest things you have ever experienced in your whole life? Love that you went for New Year's. Wish I would have known. I would have sent Paul my love.

The Davidsons said...

That story about Heather is hilarious!

Unknown said...

you should have told Paul you were my sister and prisilla's aunt. He would have loved it.
Did you see my picture? What about Sophies?

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

What a fun New Year's!!!! I've never been to Graceland Too, but I plan to go one of these days! Maybe Saunders and I will make a date out of it.

mary straton said...

i think it is hilarious that JR loves Red Lobster. i do like the cheese biscuits, though. Can't even talk about Capt. D's.

I am so embarrassed that I work in MS tourism and I have never been to Graceland Too. I heard his son (EAPM) ran off. I would, too, if my dad acted like that. Also, I'm pretty sure MacLeod has a photographic memory.

Tracy~ said...

Wow! I'm taking the kids tonight!

Regina said...

Cheese biscuits, yum, the only saving grace to Red Lobster, really! We go there at least twice a year for my dad's bday and father's day, he loves it! I love the cheese biscuits while my hubby, my brother, and my dad scarf down the all you can eat gross stuff that swims in the ocean! Yuck. Oh, and love that last picture, classy!

Adelia said...

I wish you could have seen it when the whole house was painted pink. So classic. Didn't you love Jailhouse Rock in the back yard? You need to call me so we can discuss and I will quit leaving you ridiculously long comments.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

did you know that Flava Flav's favorite romantic date spot is the RL?? He and junior have something in common!