Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Oh my...what will I do?

Claire blogged about a couple of the presidential candidates recently, so I thought I would throw in my opinion about one particular candidate.

Let me preface this by saying a couple of things. First of all, I'm NOT politically knowledgeable. I wish I were. I've really tried to get more into politics, but in all honesty, there's A LOT that I still don't understand. Secondly, let it be known that I don't have a problem with having a female president, nor am I completely opposed to having a Democrat run our country. While I have supported W since the beginning of his presidency, I agree that there are some things that need to be changed.

At this point in the race, I have no clue who's going to get my vote. There isn't a single candidate that I think needs to be the leader of our country. I'm honestly a little worried. What worries me even more though, is the thought of HILLARY CLINTON becoming that leader. I am not a fan, folks. She thinks she is God's gift to America and I honestly want to vom everytime she comes on the TV (which is about every minute or so these days). This morning she was interviewed on Fox and Friends (shout out to my friends Steve, Brian, and Gretchen!) and when I heard her voice, I couldn't get to the remote fast enough to change it.

I may leave the country if HRC does become our next president. Maybe I'll go to Australia or China or some tropical island some where. Anyone care to join me?


Hey, I have an even better idea...why doesn't Britney Spears run for President! I'm more likely to vote for her over this other one.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

slow down, tiger. planning on moving if clinton is pres? drastic, no doubt.

props for speaking politically. Still, no candle to my knowledge.

Anonymous said...

that is probably the scariest picture i have ever seen. it's frightening.

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

Laura,
Having just been to China I suggest a different country to run to. The food is horrible and nothing like P.F.Changs. haha!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one...can't stand her..not one bit! I am thinking about moving to Dubai if she runs...I was just hoping all her griping and complaining wouldn't work in her favor and she'd lose NH, but we couldn't be so fortunate :( ... I think I can handle Barak and Edwards

Crystal and Billy said...

I agree...I will go with you wherever you go...somewhere tropical is a must!!

Regina said...

oh my oh my don't even get me started on this one...I will just sit this one out and save everyone's ears! That picture is quite hideous, I might have nightmares...

Regina said...

Oh, and if you do move, you better keep up your blog! :) I gotta keep up my laugh quota!

Anonymous said...

I gotta disagree with you on the woman for president. I think we're too emotionally driven to be trusted with that kind of power and responsibility. Just my $.02

BTW, hey Laura! Love your blog!

Robin Stevens

Anonymous said...

I might have to follow you if she gets elected! Scary Pic!