Monday, January 28, 2008

some Henry time, a bulldog victory, and me being too sick to enjoy any of it!

Kris, Rob, and sweet Henry were here this weekend. This was the first time I'd seen Henry since Christmas and he's doing so many new things! He went to the MSU basketball game on Saturday and loved every minute of it. In fact, Mom and Kristen said that he cheered the whole way home from the game. He's already a bulldog fan! Here are some adorable pictures of my little man.
Moving on to the fabulous basketball game...
Of course I always love a good MSU win, but I especially love it when our opponent is Ole Miss. I was optimistic about the game, but never would have guessed that we'd DOMINATE the way we did and win by 20 points. GO DAWGS! JR's parents were in town for the game, so I of course enjoyed spending a little time with them after the game.

Unfortunately, I woke up Saturday morning not feeling well. I decided last minute not to go to the game, hoping I'd feel better after a little nap. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I was sick (sore throat, coughing, fever, etc.) all day Saturday and Sunday. My stubborn (and rather idiotic) self went to work this morning, but I left at 9 when I realized that I was running fever. I DID NOT need to be there. Seriously...what was I thinking?? I went to the doctor, and FORTUNATELY I don't have strep or the flu. It's an upper respiratory infection (fun huh?). I still feel pretty rough right now, and I went ahead and took off tomorrow too. I figured I need all the rest I can get. Sweet JR took such good care of me all weekend, bringing me juice, medicine, cough drops, crackers, etc. (all without me even asking him to!). It's so nice to be waited on!
Hopefully this sickness nonsense will be over by Wednesday. I'm a terrible patient! PLUS, my dear Candy is coming to visit this coming weekend, and I've got to be 100%!
OK...I'm off to take yet another nap. Have a great week!
LT

4 comments:

Unknown said...

is henry making his 'funny face' in those pictures? i love him.

Tracy~ said...

I hope you feel better soon! I'm just getting over all of that. It took two weeks :)

Henry is a doll.

The Stringers said...

you better get to feeling better so you don't miss out on the BIG sale on Saturday!!!

The Texas VicHorns said...

Oh no! Get better asap. But isn't it so fun to be waited on?? That's the only pro for being sick.