Friday, January 18, 2008

oh goody...

So there's apparently this tag game going on and now it's my turn. Thanks for tagging me Claire! You know I love stuff like this. I am to choose my favorite number and make a list of that many random facts about me. I don't really have a favorite number (isn't that sad?), but I think today I'd like for it to be 9.
Here are 9 things you may (or may not!) know about LT:
1. I have never had a speeding ticket.
2. My closet is color-coordinated. I feel sorry really for people who don't do this. It's truly life changing.
3. My older sister Kristen is 2 years and 2 months older than me and my younger sister Heather is 2 years and 2 months younger than me. They are both fabulous.
4. I often get told that I look just like Minnie Driver. Opinions?
5. I was named after both of my wonderful grandmothers. Laura is my mom's mom's middle name and Ladell is my dad's mom's middle name. I'm proud of my name. I think family names are the greatest.
6. I can say the alphabet backwards in record time.
7. I was 6 weeks premature and had complications as an infant. No fear...I turned out to be as perfect as they come. ;)
8. Here's a good story for you: my sophomore year of college, I lived in a dorm. My roommate and I had bunk beds and I slept on the top. One morning my roommate had class and I didn't so I slept in. Being the fabulous and considerate person that she is, she didn't want to wake me while she was getting ready for class so she dried her hair in the hallway. When she finished, she quietly set the hair dryer on the floor inside our room. Following me so far? Later that morning when I woke up, I jumped from about the 3rd step from my bunk, landing DIRECTLY on the prongs from the hair dryer (you know...the plug that goes into the wall?...yep...THAT'S what I'm talking about). The metal prongs went directly UP the middle of my right foot, (which was excrutiatingly painful I might add). I didn't have to get stitches, but I was on crutches for a couple of weeks and I have lovely scar on the bottom of my foot that I enjoy showing people. I bet THAT'S a random fact you didn't know about me!
9. I fell in a fire ant bed when I was 2 years old and have scars (which actually just look like holes) covering both of my legs. They're lovely. I'll be happy to show all of my scars to you someday. :)
If you're under the assumption that I am accident-prone and clumsy after reading about these interesting life experiences I've had, you, my friend, are correct. If only you knew.
I don't know about you, but I have no major plans set for this nice long weekend (gotta love MLK!), and I'm looking forward to relaxing and hanging out with JR who actually doesn't have to travel this weekend! I hope your weekend is as fabulous as mine hopefully will be.
Oh yeah. I'm supposed to 'tag' some people now. Go for it: Heather, Katey, Candy, and Adelia (and anybody else who wants to join in)!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my word, this is so sad, I did the very same thing to my roommate our freshman year in the dorm!! Same exact story. I left my hairdryer on the floor and she jumped out of the top bunk and the prongs went straight up her foot. She was also on crutches for a couple of weeks. I felt terrible! I can't believe that happened to you to! Crazy

Anonymous said...

Clumsy runs in the family!!

Anonymous said...

What about the ant bed story?
LJLL

The Texas VicHorns said...

I had no idea you were a preemie. Do I even know you anymore??