Wednesday, November 25, 2009

MY kind of Christmas...

A friend of mine got on to me yesterday because he said I was getting into Christmas too early. In his words, "it's not even Thanksgiving yet! At least wait until Friday!" But I just can't. I love Christmas decorations. I love Christmas music. Of course I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, but it's hard for me to get into decorating for Thanksgiving, as my turkey decor consists of salt and pepper shakers.
My house is completely decorated for Christmas, and I'm looking forward to enjoying them for several weeks!
My friend Hope posted this on her blog, and it looked like fun to me!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I'm actually in the process of trying to acquire a taste for egg nog. It's so festive!
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree? He's always just left them under the tree.
3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house? WHITE!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. Nor have I ever kissed a boy under mistletoe (insert frowny face here)
5. When do you put up your decorations? Generally I wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving. I couldn't wait this year though. I decorated last weekend and I'm loving it.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? It stresses me out to have to choose just one. I can't do it.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Sleeping in the same bed as my sisters on Christmas Eve. I of course had to sleep in the middle of them....oh the memories...
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Oh please. Santa still visits me every year. I just finished my list this year.
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? nope.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I would say traditional. All of my childhood ornaments are on my parents' tree. Any ornaments I've gotten since I've had my own house go on my tree. If they're given to me as gifts, I use a sharpie to write who the ornament is from and what year it was received.
11. Snow! Love or Dread it? Oh I love it. Living in MS, it's very rare, so when it's here, it's very much enjoyed! I'm sure if snow was a part of my everyday life, I wouldn't care for it too much though.
12. Can you ice skate? that would be a negative.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? tough one. Maybe my barbie house? Or my American Doll, Molly. :)
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? everything about it. EVERYTHING.
15. Favorite holiday dessert? if it involves chocolate, count me in.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas music and Christmas movies!
17. What tops your tree? a green star.
18. Which do you prefer- giving or receiving? I love buying gifts for people and seeing the excitement on faces when a much anticipated gift is opened. But of course I enjoy opening a gift or 2 myself! ;)
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night, Go Tell It On the Mountain, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
20. Candy Canes? Yummy!
HAPPY A HAPPY DAY!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Once again....blog-stalkerette here...my favorite gift was definately Molly! She had glasses!