Wednesday, October 15, 2008

stamp shortage?

This really happened to me.
After school yesterday, I went to the post office to buy a book of stamps.
Here is how my conversation went with the post office lady (P.O.L.).
me: "Hi! I would like to buy a book of stamps please."
POL: "We don't have any."
me: "OOOOOK. Could I please just have one stamp?"
POL: "We don't have ANY stamps."
me: (thinking this was some kind of sick joke) "Are you serious? You don't even have one stamp just lying around here somewhere? All I really need right now is ONE."
POL: "No. (she was not smiling) There are none."
me: "Hmmm...OK then. I've never heard of a stamp shortage before."
The POL did not think that was funny.
I couldn't help but think about the time I went to Subway to get a sandwich. When I ordered, the Subway guy replied with: "I'm sorry. We're out of bread."
I didn't know what to say really.

8 comments:

Wade's World said...

My boss went to KFC for lunch one day and they were out of chicken. Why they didn't just shut the doors is far beyond my understanding...

Katie Walden said...

I went to KFC one time too when they were out of chicken.

Crystal Garcia said...

that's one of the craziest things I've ever heard. Couldn't she just stamp (the rubber & ink kind) something on your envelope? weird.

The Robertsons said...

Taco Bell told me they were out of shells! Do they have the machines where you can buy the stamps? Sometimes machines are friendlier than people.

Colby and Daniel said...

This would only happen to you LT!! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

The KFC thing happened to me too! Weird, I thought I was the only one...

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh!

Tracy~ said...

I think Emily had a similar experience. How does this happen?