Tuesday, October 14, 2008

a rough day followed by a BULLDOG WIN!

I am rewinding a few days to fill you in. You may care nothing about what I have to say, but I find this as sort of a stress relief for me. So, if you choose to skip over this, at least it's making me feel better right?
Friday was a BAD DAY. That's all I can say about it. I'm always tired on Fridays (who isn't?), but on top of my tiredness, I was sad and in a bad mood. I hate those kind of days. Have you ever noticed that when you feel all of these emotions at once, it feels like the whole world is against you? Obviously that's dumb for me to think and it's totally untrue, but that's what was going through my mind on Friday. If you're a regular reader, you've followed the journey of my life for almost 2 years, and you've seen that I've had LOTS of highs, but I've also had extreme lows too. It's all part of growing up and learning, I know, but it's still HARD. Everyone faces hard times, and I've had my share of them. Some of them are total learning experiences, and in the end, I'm able to thank God that they happened. Others hurt so badly that I wonder if I'll EVER see the reasoning. Sure, I know God has a plan for me (I've said that about a million times on this blog), but I'm just so impatient. While I've enjoyed my singlehood for these past several years, I'm ready for a change. I'm sad. I'm lonely. I want to know WHEN.
I'm often reminded of a verse that I read daily (I keep it on my bedside table). It's a simple reminder that God knows what He's doing, and His plan for my life is so much better than anything I can imagine. I've posted about this verse before, but it's too good not to mention again.
"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."
-Habakkuk 2:3
I'm a major blog reader, and I know that so many of you are experiencing difficult times right now. If so, take that verse to heart. It continues to help me get through the hardest of times.
You know the saying "There is a rainbow behind every dark cloud"? I believe it. After the day I had Friday (which by the way, was really after a long, tough, week!), I needed a happy weekend. It couldn't have been better. Kristen, Rob, and Henry were here for the game. Not only was there nice weather, good food, fun times with the fam, but there was also a VICTORY involved! Yep, believe it or not, my dear bulldogs defeated undefeated Vanderbilt! It was fabulous. Here are some pictures.

precious


Kristen and her not-so-little one anymore

Me and Emily before the game. Kristen and Emily's sister, Laura, met up with some of their college friends and tailgated together. Emily and I decided to tag along with them a little before the game. :)

Me and Kris.


Me and Henry (who was not cooperating too well with the picture taking).

Seriously...what would we do without our weekends?

11 comments:

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

I am thinking about you and am so proud of the BULLDOGS!! It was a great victory!

Tricia said...

Habbakuk 1:5 says to
"Look at the nations and watch—
and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
that you would not believe,
even if you were told."

This coincides with your other Habbakuk verse. Yes, be patient, but in the end, God promises to deliver such an amazing ending, that He can't even tell you what it is because it will be so awesome you wouldn't even believe Him! (i.e. Barren Sarah laughs at the prospect of having a child....)

The Lively's said...

thanks for sharing that verse. i need to be reminded of those words too - it's so hard to be patient. go dawgs!!

Tracy~ said...

Lots of stuff to comment on!

a. I'm so sorry you had such a rough day after a long week. I know and understand the waiting and being patient and the loneliness. :(

2. the verse is so calming and I've just printed it out for me to put by MY bed so I can wait on the Lord

c. I'm going to go ahead and say Congrats on your win!!! So glad to see Vandy brought down - even if it was by the Bulldogs!

4. You are so pretty and I love the pics! That color looks great on you!

z. Henry is too precious for words!

Hope this week is better~

Anonymous said...

Teacher night pics from thursday???

Katie Walden said...

LT, I know where you are. I too feel alone and wonder WHEN sometimes. I love the verse you shared as well as the one Tricia left in the comments. I really don't know what I would do if I didn't have God to hold onto. I know he's got a plan and he's working it out right now. I just remember that right now, with no strings attached, God is able to use me in more ways that he could if I actually had strings attached.

Thanks for sharing!

Tassie said...

Hey- A verse that I've been mulling over lately is Psalms 34:18 The Lord is close to those whose hearts are breaking; he rescues those who are humbly sorry for their sins.

Don't stress it....God's right there next to you....loving you and comforting you!

email or facebook me sometime...I had a "vision" about you!

The Texas VicHorns said...

Sweet LT! I miss you everyday. You look great in the photos, and I can't believe Henry is so big. He's so handsome.

Can't wait to see you again soon. I love you!!

Ashley said...

Hey LT,
I'm sorry about your bad day, but glad to hear you had a good weekend. I actually saw you Saturday morning. I had to go get my dogs at the vet school and when I was coming back through town I saw you running. I wanted to scream out the window, but I decided not to look dorkish at that moment. That is a great verse, the first time you posted it I wrote it down and put it in my Bible, I look at it often. I hope you have a much better week! Henry is too cute.

The Robertsons said...

Jeremiah 29:11
Sometimes it is so hard to accept the fact that we are not in control and that God has his own timing. I love the pictures and I am so thankful to have you as a friend. I miss you and love you dearly:)

Anonymous said...

i am with you, LT! i have had a rough go of it lately too. you are on my mind and always in my heart. i love you so big!!