Wednesday, October 8, 2008

my favorite fall treat...

It is no secret that I love candy. I try not to eat it often (for obvious reasons), but if it's in front of me, I'm done. Miraculously, I've never had a cavity. In fact, everytime I go to the dentist, I prepare myself to hear him say that I have 48 cavities. Before I allow the dentist to take a look in my mouth, I always just say, "I love candy".
Halloween has always been fun for me. I look at it as an excuse to eat candy. There's a specific candy that I consider to be my favorite (non-chocolate) Halloween candy. Candy Corn. I love it. I know you can buy it year-round, but it's just so fall-ish to me. I always want it most this time of the year. A teacher friend of mine has a container of candy corn in her classroom right now, and I find myself going in there numerous times a day just to "say hello." Ha.
I consider candy corn to be very versatile too. Have you ever had candy corn in some sort of snack mix? Wow. I've been a fan of mixing candy corn and peanuts together. Then I started adding M&M's to the mix (fabulous). Candy corn also goes well with popcorn. Try it if you don't believe me. THEN, a couple of weeks ago, one of my dear students brought me a mix that included candy corn, peanuts, M&M's, and GOLDEN GRAHAMS. Who would have ever thought? Needless to say, I was totally unable to eat lunch that day. Aren't I setting a great example for my students? :)
I tell people that I'm a healthy eater. And I am. But that's only because I don't allow myself to buy junk food or I would be in serious trouble. I'll eat healthily as long as you don't put any sort of candy in front of me....
especially candy corn.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmm! I also LOVE candy corn...I have already downed a bag at my house. I have had them with peanuts (delish), but none of the other combos! Thanks for the ideas!!

love~

P.S. I think Little Red Riding Hood is the cutest idea. You need a little picnic basket and a stuffed wolf!

mary straton said...

I hate candy corn. but it is very fall-friendly.

Katie Walden said...

Candy corn is my favorite too! I have a jar of it in my office too and I have more visitors this time of year than I ever do! Haha!

The Robertsons said...

Try candy corn and honey roasted peanuts. I also love eating M&Ms with popcorn. I love candy:) You are healthy eater since you only eat lettuce and carrots. HaHa!

Anonymous said...

wow! I'm such a candy corn purist. I don't like mixing it but you have a lot of interesting ones listed. I just asked what sort of mixes people like on my candy corn blog but not many replies yet. Would love it if you stopped by and added your combos.

Tassie said...

I like candy corn too and always do a thematic day of teaching on the subject on National Candy Corn Day--which happens to be October 30.

Unknown said...

I am impressed...the master of all candy corn wrote on your blog! Please share your "mixes" and maybe he will use your pic or something!

love~