Saturday, May 14, 2011

coffee and a miracle!

Who doesn't love coffee? I know for a fact that I would be a complete monster without my cup every morning.

I want to talk to you a little about a dear friend of mine.

And coffee.

If you're a regular reader, you have seen pictures and read about my dear, life-long friend, Shannon. She's a school counselor at a school in the Nashville area, and recently founded an organization called the "G.I.R.L.S. (Girls in Real Life Situations) Ranch." This is a place where troubled girls can go if they're experiencing tough real-life situations. I began praying for Shannon when she first shared this vision with me, but I never imagined that it would take off the way it has. It amazes me and makes me so proud to think about the number of lives she's touching. If you take some time to read her blog, you'll find a number of ways to help this incredible organization.

Here's where the coffee comes in.

If you love coffee and would like to help this great cause at the same time, all you have to do is click here, buy a bag or 2 of yummy coffee and know that a portion of what you pay is going straight to the G.I.R.L.S. Ranch!

Easy, right?!

I even think coffee makes a great gift, so why not buy several bags and give them to your friends?!
(Don't like coffee? Click here to find out about other ways you can help!)

Also, if you have any questions about the G.I.R.L.S. Ranch or know anybody who may benefit from this organization, contact Shannon by clicking here or emailing her at info@girlsranchtn.org.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIRACLE


Hopefully by now you've been following the Krull's blog about their sweet Lucy. I've blogged about her several different times.

A couple of days ago, I asked you to read a post from Lucy's mom crying out for extra prayers for her sweet girl.

I was in tears this morning when I read what Kate (Lucy's mom) had to say this morning. While they still have a long way to go and probably more trials to face, God is absolutely listening to those prayers and the Krulls ARE receiving some answers.

Now--I dare anybody to tell me that there isn't a God!

Read Kate's most recent post titled "Miracles," and I bet, if you're an unbeliever, that post will have you believing!

God is so good.

1 comment:

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

You have gotten me glued to the krulls blog!! I check it everyday and cannot imagine the highs and lows they are facing everyday!! What an amazing family and what an amazing God we have! He is performing some amazing miraclesin sweet little Lucy!! I pray for her everyday! Hope you are doing great!! It is almost the summer for you!!