Sunday, May 29, 2011

memories and America.

Today I'm thinking about...

1. my cousin Kyle.He was killed in a car accident in 1990 at the age of 17. Today would've been his 38th birthday. While I was only 9 when he passed away, I still think about him and miss him every day. I can't help but wonder what he would be like as a 38 year old.

I can't wait to see him again one day. What a day of rejoicing that will be!

2. Every single person who has ever served or who is currently serving in the U.S. Miltary.

Particularly these 2 great men, who both served in WWII:

- My Dada (deceased in 2006)and

-my Papaw (deceased in 1987)

pictured with my cousin, Adelia on the left and me on the right...

I absolutely could not have been blessed with 2 greater, more respected men than my grandfathers.

I write this post not to sadden you, but to make you stop and:

a). Enjoy every second with those you love and

b). Stop what you're doing tomorrow and THANK A SOLDIER!

If you're in the military, and you just so happen to be reading this post--THANK YOU and

Happy Memorial Day to you. God bless the USA!

No comments: