Sunday, October 10, 2010

a little of this and a little of that too!

Happy Sunday!
So, Mom and I took a little mother/daughter trip this weekend. We drove to Birmingham, where we spent the night and did a little shopping! Not only was I grateful to get some new clothes for fall, but I was also so happy to spend some time with my fabulous Mom! After spending lots of time (&money!) at the Summit, we met up with my cute cousin Kimberly who lives in the 'ham. It was the first time I'd seen her in YEARS! I'm giving props to facebook for our "reconnection". She's just as precious as I'd remembered! I was so happy to see her and meet her husband and 2 kids. I'm looking forward to seeing her again SOON, right, K?
Now...on to the shopping.
If you're needing some shoes for fall, allow me to suggest that you take a trip to Target, where I bought 1, 2, 3 pairs of shoes (spending spending a total of about $75 total on all 3!)! Their shoe/boot selection was fantastic!
Check out my purchases:(these have a slight heel on them which makes them extra cute I think!)

I also spent more time and money at Ann Taylor Loft (fantastic sales!) and Anthropologie. I am rarely able to afford anything in Anthro, although I always want everything in sight. It's true love, really.

My main shopping goal was to buy some new pants, but unfortunately that didn't happen. In fact, by the end of our shopping trip, I felt the need to write a letter to all of the pant-makers out there and explain to them that there are, in fact, some of us women who actually have HIPS! Ugh. I was so bitter after trying on every.single.pair. I left with none. I hate pants.

Finally, and on a very random note, I'm selling my Lexmark printer/copier/scanner. I paid about $150 for it, but I'm willing to sell it for $50! It is super handy to have. (I have one at work, though, so I find that I just don't use mine anymore!).

If you or anybody you know is interested in this great deal, please email me at LTmsstate@gmail.com.

Have a great week!

LT

8 comments:

The Robertsons said...

Well I guess you know what I would say about the last pair of shoes! Glad the two of you had a great trip. I have to go pants shopping too. I am totally dreading every minute of it!

Jessica said...

Hey Laura! Do you know if your printer will scan/print 11X17 paper? Adam was looking for one for school stuff. Just let me know! Thanks! :)

Laura Merrill said...

Pants shopping is the bain of my existence! I always get them to long and then never take them to get altered...

Lacey said...

i have the same pant problem, LT! i have hips AND a bootie!! sad that i missed seeing you in birmingham :( glad you had such a wonderful visit though!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pink shoes best! Mrs. K

Jared and Brandy Verwiel said...

Laura!

Love the shoes! Target is fabulous! I feel the same about the pants issue BUT recently had some good fortune with The Limited. They have a sale, but one get one with $25 off...maybe they can work for you. I've got hips too, girl!

Anonymous said...

Awwww...I made the blog!!! I feel special! I've never been on/in a blog before!!! Soooo great to see you! I'm ready for next time - Mexican and margaritas!!! :)

Unknown said...

need those shoes