Monday, October 25, 2010

30 day blog challenge- DAY 4

Day 4: The parents
Meet my fantastic parents:
Tommy (aka "Grandaddy") and Melita (aka "Lita").
(Obviously pictured with their 2 favorite little ones!)Aren't they cute?
People often make comments to me like, "Laura, I love your dad!" or "Your mom is the sweetest person I know!". I usually just respond with, "Yep! I know!" Perhaps that's considered bragging, but you'd brag too if they were your parents.
My parents were married young (well...23 and 21...that's young to me!). They met at a bowling alley/skating rink in Meridian (cute, right?) in the summer of '75 (?) and were married a year later. I always tell my dad that if I met a guy in June and got engaged 5 months later, he would have a mini-stroke. His reply: "I wouldn't mind it a bit, if the guy was as classy and handsome as me!"
Seriously, Dad?:)
Anyway, they've been married for 34 years and have the most solid marriage of anybody I've ever known. Their love of Christ and their family is evident in their lives daily. I couldn't be more proud to call these two my parents!
It seems as though I've left you with a question each day of the challenge thus far, so let's continue the question-asking, shall we?
I've been told that I look just like my dad and I've also been told that I look just like my mom. So, I leave you with this question: Who do you think I look like? (Oh...and there's no right or wrong answer here! I'll take either one as a compliment!)
Happy Halloween week!

5 comments:

Adelia said...

I think you look more like Tommy T! but of course that may be just because Heather is a clone of your mom! Mama always used to say she thought you looked just like Lita until Heather was born! but you are right, you cant go wrong either way.

Anonymous said...

No question about it! You look just like Melita!!!! Pa rum pah pum pum Mrs. K.

Unknown said...

i love them. yay for mommy lita and daddy grandaddy.

you look like daddy.
i look like mama.
kristen looks like nana.

done and done.

Nancy said...

I think you look like a mixture of your mom and dad!

Unknown said...

I see a mixture too, but if I had to say one, I'd say your mom!