Sunday, March 22, 2009

I love my family. I really do.

I was oh so happy to spend my birthday weekend with my family. My actual birthday isn't until tomorrow (the 23rd), but the celebration has lasted nearly 3 days already! ;) My sweet sisters and fabulous brothers-in-law treated me to dinner Friday night and we had the actual "birthday party" Saturday night. I ate A LOT.

Oh yeah. You remember that I have gone SEVERAL weeks without sweets, but I must confess that some cheating took place Saturday night, as I indulged in homemade strawberry cake with cream cheese icing. I loved everything about it, and well, if you must know the truth, I will PROBABLY be indulging in a little more cake tomorrow. After that, I PROMISE I won't touch another sweet until Easter! I hope my friend Heather doesn't get too mad at me. ;)

Well, friends, I'm off to bed. I'm saying goodbye to a lovely spring break and hello to my last 9 weeks of school before summer!

6 comments:

The Shermans said...

Happy Birthday, Laura! I don't think a little indulgence on your birthday is a bad thing!

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Laura...I haven't forgotten about your 1/2 marathon donation...just a little slow...when you've had as many b-days as I have, you're entitled to a little slow-ness...hope you have a great New Year of Life! Aunt Darlene

Brandy Parker said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a great one :)

Tennille said...

Hope you have had an awesome day LT!!!

The Segrest Family said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!