Saturday, August 16, 2008

wedding weekend


Has it been over a week since I blogged? Ugh. I guess teaching has been getting in the way a bit. I suppose I should get my priorities straight and spend less time working and more time blogging!
The fact that there's still no reliable internet connection at my house poses quite a problem for me and hinders me from blogging as often as I like. I do have internet at school, but I'm not blogging while I'm there for quite obvious reasons. I am able to read other blogs if I get even 5 free minutes of solitude (that rarely happens though).
My first full week of school went really well. I have quite a good group of kids this year but they're already wearing me out! I have been in bed every night this week by 9:00, allowing me to get a full 8 hours of sleep. Want to know what time I woke up this morning? 10:00. I love Saturdays. I've always thought I required more sleep than the average person, and I guess this week only reiterated that fact.

Down to business. What's been going on in my life lately BESIDES school? Not much to report, but I'll do what I can.

Last weekend my 3rd cousin got married in Decatur, AL. It worked out where Kristen, Henry, and Heather were all able to make it, so it was a fun family weekend. My parents, grandmother, Kris, Heather, Henry, and I ALL piled into Kristen's Expedition and headed to the wedding. It was quite a packed car, but it was a fun trip. Henry will be 2 in December and is just becoming a BOY. Not a BABY anymore. He's so much fun. Here are a few pics from the weekend.




(I love this one of Dad and Henry)
I also need to send a congratulations shout out to the Overstreets who just found out that they're having another BOY! I predicted that she would have a girl, but it seems as though I'm always WRONG when it comes to guessing genders, AND it seems that there are only little boys in my life right now, I should have known it would be a boy! Katey is a fabulous mom to sweet Camp, and I know she'll be great with 2 boys! I can't wait for him to be born.
I'm working on my "things I can't live without" list, which I am copying from MSKS. I love lists, and this is one which requires a little thought. I'll get back to you on this one soon.
It's noon and I haven't even thought about showering yet. Have I told you how much I LOVE Saturdays?

7 comments:

The Overstreets said...

Thanks my friend! You are the best. And, you look awesome in that dress!

The Robertsons said...

The dress is so cute. I love the pics especially the one of Tommy T and lil Henry.

Tassie said...

Hey LT! Sounds like you've had another exciting weekend. Mine are pretty dull...case in point, my last blog was about my nose. BTW you look great!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, thanks for finally letting us know what is going on in your life. I missed your blogs. See you next week.

Ashley said...

Hey LT! I was in Starkville yesterday helping my sis in law move into her apartment and thought about you. Glad to know whats going on your way. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

henry loves to dance.

Tracy~ said...

I love the pics. You have such a cute family!