Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mamma Mia!, a sweet baby shower, and A NEW ME (sort of)!

Well...I did it.
I put red in my hair. I mean, I didn't actually do it, but my brilliant aunt did. It's very subtle, only REALLY noticeable when the light hits it just right, but I LOVE IT. It's just the change I needed. As Stephanie (the aunt/hair stylist) said, "LT, you're not exactly the craziest or most spontaneous person I know, so, we're going to start with something subtle, and IF you like it, we'll add more later." She's right. I've never been much of a risk taker, so coloring my hair is HUGE for me. She really liked it a lot too, so I feel sure that I'll go back soon for a more noticeable look! Here are a couple of pictures of myself for you to see the new me. Do I feel stupid about posting pics of just my head? Of course, but it was the only way I felt you'd really be able to tell. I tried to take different angles in as much light as possible. It really is more noticeable in person though. If you don't think there's much change, just remember that my hair was JET BLACK before. What do you think?

Have any of you seen "Mamma Mia"? SO CUTE. Katey and I went and saw it last week and we both really liked it. I usually enjoy musicals and I'm a Meryl Streep fan. I think she's fabulous. I wish our lives were like musicals. I wish that instead of having a conversation with our significant others, we could just break out in song about how much we love him/her without anyone thinking anything of it. In fact, I would want onlookers to just join in on the singing.
Gotta love musicals!
If you haven't seen it, you must! (Note: there should be a warning sign on the door for males-- "Enter at Your Own Risk!" I don't know too many males who would have sat through it in its entirety!)

I GOT TO SEE SWEET SARAH ALFORD YESTERDAY! Can I just say she's one of the cutest little pregnant girls I've ever seen? She had a shower in Houston, MS yesterday for her little Candice Anne to be born in early October. I went with Emily, her mom, and one of their friends and I was SO glad I could make it. I have missed Matthew and Sarah so much since they moved to Louisiana, and can't wait for their little miracle to arrive! Congrats to the Alfords!

(L- Me and the future-mom! R- Me and Emily. Yes, I know I have clothespins attached to me. It was part of a game that I SHOULD have won!).

So this is the week. My new students come Thursday. Am I ready? I'm not so sure. I guess I'll find out this week!

P.S. It's HOT outside. REALLY REALLY HOT.

15 comments:

The Davidsons said...

Your hair is super cute! Love it!

Jessica said...

Can't wait to see the new you at school tomorrow!! The pics look so cute!! :)

Unknown said...

Love the red! It looks great...and what a fun way to start off a new school year!

love~

P.S. are you wearing a basketball jersey? :) I truly think you arent...but I had to ask!

Unknown said...

P.S. #2 I Love your eye shadow color as well! Good Job Miss T!

The Robertsons said...

I like the hair believe it or not! I am definitely not ready for kids. You must teach me how you are saving those collages to your computer! Please:)Love you!

Anisa said...

LOVE THE HAIR! i was a little worried since my hair doesn't look very good with color...but yours did fab!

Unknown said...

i need to see it in person - mama loves it too.

i am having to mentally prepare myself for your teacher voice to re-emerge from it's summer vacation. Not looking forward to that.

Claire said...

I LOVE it Laura!! I think it looks great, and I think you should definitely add more in soon. You look great!! And NO, we are NOT ready for our new students to come! Isn't that an obvious answer? I mean who really has time for work anyway? Not us. Mine come Monday the 11th and I am SQUIRMING out of un-readiness. And we never even hung out all summer. Not ok.

The Texas VicHorns said...

LT- The new hair is HOT! Love it.

Sarah A is so presh.

Miss you!!

Ashley said...

Love the hair LT! Hope you have a great week getting ready for those kiddos!

Tassie said...

I told you that your hair would look great and it does! I blogged about Mamma Mia and how I wish my life were like a musical too! How funny! Enjoy your new kids this week!!!

Tracy~ said...

I love your hair, Laura! I'm glad you did it. It's subtle but beautiful!

Good luck with your new school year and new students. I go to register mine tonite! I can't believe they start on MOnday!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

correction: I should have won the game. i wish i could give that old lady a piece of my mind.

also, i've been gushing to mere about how cute your hair looks, since she can't see it in person.

Renee Guest said...

love your hair. it is so cute and sassy!

loved Momma Mia!! I came home and told Tal that we were moving to Greece.. and I of course told him in SONG! I sang to him ( at him ) for the rest of the night.

mary straton said...

I guess you think you're something else with red hair and that hand on your hip.